• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

If you can't afford college, take out a loan, go to college, do something with the degree and get a job that pays money, pay back loan.

or stop dicking around in high school. Take tough classes, study hard, be prepared every time you walk into a classroom and ace your tests. If you do that instead of cutting class, getting high in the 3rd base dugout and dragging your lazy ass to class without as much as a pen, you'd be amazed how many opportunities make themselves available to you.

Edited by Lou

or stop dicking around in high school. Take tough classes, study hard, be prepared every time you walk into a classroom and ace your tests. If you do that instead of cutting class, getting high in the 3rd base dugout and dragging your lazy as to class without as much as a pen, you'd be amazed how many opportunities make themselves available to you.

Wait, you can't be seriously implying that personal responsibility and accountability pay off!?!? Edited by AngelsLongBall

I try not to make assumptions in this thread. I simply ask why someone making over $250k should pay more more? AJ says that person uses more, which I think is garbage. When was the last time someone on that income needed more government assistance? They already pay more in tax revenue. Most people in that category probably pay more in property tax because they have a larger home budget, to help fund schools while at the same time probably have grown children since prime earning years are much later.

I try not to make assumptions in this thread. I simply ask why someone making over $250k should pay more more? AJ says that person uses more, which I think is garbage. When was the last time someone on that income needed more government assistance? They already pay more in tax revenue. Most people in that category probably pay more in property tax because they have a larger home budget, to help fund schools while at the same time probably have grown children since prime earning years are much later.

We make combined over $250k in our household and we live humbly.   I don't like the fact I pay a larger % than a Trump does and right now I have no problem with the taxes we pay.  I think their $250k base is way short of the reality they should be targeting. It should be $2.5M   What you don't get is they are going after the loop holes and just buy stuff to not pay tax which even at our range are not afforded to us. I probably pay more in tax than a day trader on wall street who gets to hide shit.  I am ok with going after that. 

like assuming I should be handed everything instead of earning it?

You guys just don't get it.

Some of the ideas we are pushing for isn't just to hand shit out, it's the belief that when we live in the most developed country in the world that we should have the basic things that other lesser developed countries have, and make it ****ing work well.

Healthcare absolutely should be a right of the people, not something that can put you in financial ruin for decades. And if you want to have a well educated populace then higher education should be a whole hell of a lot less debilitating than it is now.

I can make assumptions about you guys too, half of you probably got your college education when it cost a tenth of what it does now, so in reality you have no ****ing clue.

You guys just don't get it.

Some of the ideas we are pushing for isn't just to hand shit out, it's the belief that when we live in the most developed country in the world that we should have the basic things that other lesser developed countries have, and make it ****ing work well.

Healthcare absolutely should be a right of the people, not something that can put you in financial ruin for decades. And if you want to have a well educated populace then higher education should be a whole hell of a lot less debilitating than it is now.

I can make assumptions about you guys too, half of you probably got your college education when it cost a tenth of what it does now, so in reality you have no ****ing clue.

I don't argue your points AFL.  Just if you are going to say things that use the asterisks explaining some don't expect people to fold.  To me the cons use don't give free stuff away to the lazy and I really want them to focus on contractors in the middle east sucking us for billions, which are from taxes.  Bernie may need to try that one actually. Get my vote then. 

Healthcare absolutely should be a right of the people, not something that can put you in financial ruin for decades.

So you believe that people have a right to other persons' intellectual property. That is a scary notion. 

I don't know if there is a better alternative. I'm not that smart. 

Democracy may in fact be the best system of government but it doesn't mean its good.

Skin cancer may be the most curable form of cancer, but its still cancer.