• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

I've actually never owned an Angels poster, but nice

LOL, what a prick. You do realize that there are other industries than business, than buying and selling?

You know nothing about me, what I do for a living. But what I do is beside the point. What I find troubling is that you seem to think that a person's viewpoint is in-valid if they don't work in business, which is like saying "you're only intelligent if you're an accountant."

There is a much larger, more colorful world out there beyond dollars and cents.

You consider yourself a business and an executive because you have done IC work. rofl. 

Your viewpoint about business is in-valid because you have no experience. You say most of the time is takes advantage of people.

Care to share what business makes money without a sale?

There is a much larger, more colorful world out there beyond dollars and cents.

Priceless retort.

You consider yourself a business and an executive because you have done IC work. rofl. 

Your viewpoint about business is in-valid because you have no experience. You say most of the time is takes advantage of people.

Care to share what business makes money without a sale?

Priceless retort.

I didn't say that. I am NOT an executive. Quit making up shit.

I completely agree that I don't know about business, nor have I claimed to. Why? Because I'm not a business man. The focus of my work is not on "making a sale." The focus and purpose of my work is not to make money. Money is simply what puts food on the table so that I can support my family, live and enjoy life, and do the work that I do.

See, this is the problem, the idea that the point of a job is to make money. The business world is about making more money. It is completely culturally impoverished.

As I see it, the point of "work" is to engage in an activity that enriches human existence in some way, improves the world in some way. To "give back." The problem is that too many people have become enamored with money as the goal.

Yes, I have no employees. So what? Why must I have employees? What the hell are you talking about?

Having employees is a responsibility that will show you businesses are not "a lot of the time" taking advantage of the lower or middle class. You will see what it takes to keep the lights on, have enough operating cash on hand to clear payroll and the like to keep a business open, make sales and provide jobs. This goes on a large corps and small biz every day.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes business so you really shouldn't be surprised when you get torched in discussions where you take the stand that employees are universally getting the shaft. 

Maybe the point is that society shouldn't be so based upon economics. Economics should serve culture and society, not the other way around.

So yeah, I'd like to see a president who is more of a philosopher than an accountant.

Lol... dude...

Your philosopher wants to spend tons of money while already in debt.  Do you not understand the importance of economics?  Without an economy this entire country crumbles.  Hell it already is with all the over regulation driving companies away.

When the government starts defaulting on debts and can no longer print money your free health care will turn into no health care.  Your free college will turn into no colleges.

It all starts with money.  The philosophy involves how to spend it.

Having employees is a responsibility that will show you businesses are not "a lot of the time" taking advantage of the lower or middle class. You will see what it takes to keep the lights on, have enough operating cash on hand to clear payroll and the like to keep a business open, make sales and provide jobs. This goes on a large corps and small biz every day.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes business so you really shouldn't be surprised when you get torched in discussions where you take the stand that employees are universally getting the shaft. 

Again, I'm not saying that ALL businesses, or even most business, give employees the shaft.

I am sure there are plenty of businesses that treat their employees well. I am mainly talking about the mega-corporations that pay little to no taxes, that are focused on optimizing profit margins for shareholders and CEOs, often at the expense of employees and consumers.

Lol... dude...

Your philosopher wants to spend tons of money while already in debt.  Do you not understand the importance of economics?  Without an economy this entire country crumbles.  Hell it already is with all the over regulation driving companies away.

When the government starts defaulting on debts and can no longer print money your free health care will turn into no health care.  Your free college will turn into no colleges.

It all starts with money.  The philosophy involves how to spend it.

Where did I say that economics wasn't important? I just think it is secondary to actual human culture and life, and should be supportive. We've got it all mixed up.

I didn't say that. I am NOT an executive. Quit making up shit.

I completely agree that I don't know about business, nor have I claimed to. Why? Because I'm not a business man. The focus of my work is not on "making a sale." The focus and purpose of my work is not to make money. Money is simply what puts food on the table so that I can support my family, live and enjoy life, and do the work that I do.

See, this is the problem, the idea that the point of a job is to make money. The business world is about making more money. It is completely culturally impoverished.

As I see it, the point of "work" is to engage in an activity that enriches human existence in some way, improves the world in some way. To "give back." The problem is that too many people have become enamored with money as the goal.

You are so far lost. 

You said you are your own business. Yet you don't make sales? You're not an executive of the business? Obviously.

If everyone is doing enriching work who will pick up your trash, make your clothes, make sure you have electricity, keep your internet working, etc. 

The fundamentals of all life on earth has always gone like this:

• be fit enough to take care of yourself
  • become a useful part of your community thereby earning a "wage"
  • find a spouse
  • make a baby and support baby
  • nurture child until it is fit enough to take care of itself

Nowhere in there is it supporting the human culture, your support for the community is what earns you what you need to continue on in life.

You are so far lost. 

You said you are your own business. Yet you don't make sales? You're not an executive of the business? Obviously.

If everyone is doing enriching work who will pick up your trash, make your clothes, make sure you have electricity, keep your internet working, etc. 

Can you converse with me without the insults? Honest question.

Anyhow, I'll say it again: making money is not the focus or goal of my work. Yes, there is an exchange of money - I get paid - but that's for a service. The service is the focus or goal of my work.

And not everyone needs to do enriching work, or even wants to. But all of the stuff you mention - the point of that is to serve humanity, to support culture and society, not the other way around.

The fundamentals of all life on earth has always gone like this:

• be fit enough to take care of yourself
  • become a useful part of your community thereby earning a "wage"
  • find a spouse
  • make a baby and support baby
  • nurture child until it is fit enough to take care of itself

Nowhere in there is it supporting the human culture, your support for the community is what earns you what you need to continue on in life.

This is called Social Darwinism, an ideology I don't agree with - it is overly simplistic and reduces everything to biological, survival imperatives. Sort of the equivalent of Freud to psychology.

Social Darwinism isn't fact, nate. Its a theory.

Anyhow, I'll say it again: making money is not the focus or goal of my work. Yes, there is an exchange of money - I get paid - but that's for a service. The service is the focus or goal of my work.

And not everyone needs to do enriching work, or even wants to. But all of the stuff you mention - the point of that is to serve humanity, to support culture and society, not the other way around.

This is called Social Darwinism, an ideology I don't agree with - it is overly simplistic and reduces everything to biological, survival imperatives. Sort of the equivalent of Freud to psychology.

Social Darwinism isn't fact, nate. Its a theory.

That's an insult? Holy sh!t.

There is nothing left for me to explain to you. You are contradicting your own statements and making less sense than we started with this subject. 

Question: why are you complaining about a wealth gap if you're not interested at all in building wealth?  Aren't you creating a self fulfilling prophecy?  No offense, but it sounds like sour grapes

Question: why are you complaining about a wealth gap if you're not interested at all in building wealth?  Aren't you creating a self fulfilling prophecy?  No offense, but it sounds like sour grapes

Because I think there should be more balance in how different careers pay. That's pretty much it.

AJ wants a kush job where he can drink tibetan coffee and play chess all day, while still being able to buy a house, insure his family and do fun things. 

Sounds good to me.

Again, shouldn't careers pay based on the market?

Why should you have to pay someone $15 if there are people out there that would gladly do it for $10?

On the other hand, when you are only offering $15 an hour and your competitors are offering $20, you are either going to hire poor candidates or have to increase how much you pay to keep in line with your competition.

It is absurd for the government to volunteer to spend our money for us in the way they see fit.  It is absurd for the government to dictate how much employers pay their employees.