• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

Rolling with what we have allows the majority to persecute the minority via moral authoritarianism (R & D to a lesser extent) and via theft and redistribution (R & D) and empowers a group of evil people (elected politicians & their financiers) to utilize regulation and legislation to line their own pockets, both financially and in terms of power. 

Rolling with what we have allows the majority to persecute the minority via moral authoritarianism (R & D to a lesser extent) and via theft and redistribution (R & D) and empowers a group of evil people (elected politicians & their financiers) to utilize regulation and legislation to line their own pockets, both financially and in terms of power. 

Well, yup.  I have always said it isn't cons and libs but pretty much that. 

That is just it, you can't get money out of politics.  There are always going to be lobbyists.  There are always going to be elections.

Its a great sound bite but it is basically like promising to end all wars.

any kind of campaign finance law has to be passed by the very people that benefit most from a lack of good campaign finance reform laws.

it'll never happen.

You guys just don't get it.

And you do?

Some of the ideas we are pushing for isn't just to hand shit out, it's the belief that when we live in the most developed country in the world that we should have the basic things that other lesser developed countries have, and make it ****ing work well.

Healthcare absolutely should be a right of the people, not something that can put you in financial ruin for decades. 

I've always thought the current healthcare system has f'd over too many people. I always wanted universal healthcare here. However, the way people abuse their bodies in the US there is no way this country deserves it nor could it ever fund it. Healthcare needs to be overhauled and individuals need to be accountable for their well being.

And if you want to have a well educated populace then higher education should be a whole hell of a lot less debilitating than it is now.

I can make assumptions about you guys too, half of you probably got your college education when it cost a tenth of what it does now, so in reality you have no ****ing clue.

You do realize one tenth is a stupid assumption.

What do you think should be done about higher education. I think schools have a poor program for students. I think success at school starts with the parents, not the teachers. Teachers are people, not miracle workers. Then too many students who go to college take majors that lead to careers with no demand. How do you fix that?

College costs too much. Why? Many believe that govt loans are propping up what colleges can charge. Colleges are businesses and try to push price elasticity just like any other smart business. What conditions would you put on students who get "free college/trade school"?

The reality is that anyone can go to college. Start at a JC. Work. Transfer. Pick a course of study that has great job prospects. Take some loans. Work. Study. Graduate. How much does that cost? 

There are many high paying jobs in the US that our country's population cannot fill. At what point does the student have to take responsibility for going to an expensive school to major in something that doesn't pay off in the real world?

Edited by CF8

How is one tenth a stupid assumption again? If you can get tuition back down to the relative prices by fixing loans, i'd be all for that! You used to be able to pay for your college tuition working at mcdonalds, that's absolutely impossible now.

You think most here are that old? smh. Most here are about a decade+ older than you. 

You believe a McD's job should be able to 100% pay for college? 

Go back to my post and try to answer the questions.

UCLA Tuition = $15K/yr with books

Cal State Tuition = $7K/yr with books

Plumber School = I don't know but how much could it be?

Go to JC for two years, then transfer. Work while in school and get loans. Although I think tuition and books should cost less, I don't see this pricing as outrageous and debilitating even if you don't go to a JC first.

I try not to make assumptions in this thread. I simply ask why someone making over $250k should pay more more? AJ says that person uses more, which I think is garbage. When was the last time someone on that income needed more government assistance? They already pay more in tax revenue. Most people in that category probably pay more in property tax because they have a larger home budget, to help fund schools while at the same time probably have grown children since prime earning years are much later.

You just made an assumption two sentences after claiming you "try not to" make assumptions.

Anyhow, I never said that a person making $250K "uses more." I said that they benefit more from our system.

Look, I think income tax sucks. I really do. But I believe strongly that our economy is rigged, that it is completely unbalanced and benefits the wealthy. Increasing taxes on the wealthy seems like a necessary evil, at least until someone comes up with a better idea.