• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

Why do you believe "a lot of the time"?

In reality, a very low percentage of the time that is the case. Yeah, the Waltons F over many employees. But most business owners don't, from the mom&pop shop to larger corps. I've dealt with many businesses via consulting and I've worked at different types of companies at all levels. I have seen their practices and personally understand what it is like to have employees that need to get a check without it bouncing. 

The simple answer is because, as Bernie says, the vast majority of wealth continues to go to the wealthy - wealthy that isn't just made by these masterful financial savants, but on the hard work of working people. The rich get richer, as the saying goes, while the poor and middle class either get poorer or stay the same. But it isn't just a matter of outright or obvious exploitation - it is a matter of how the system works.

Bernie's base: the naive, uneducated, and underemployed.  You can't expect those people to have the same perspective as someone who has done relatively well.

Naive? Maybe - that depends upon your perspective. Uneducated? Certainly not. It is well known that the more educated you are, the more likely you are to vote Democrat - especially if you post-graduate degrees. I can't find info on Bernie vs. Hillary, but I haven't seen anything to make me believe that there's a clear split. Underemployed? Maybe, but I think that's especially true of the Millenials who are graduating with a ton of debt but limited prospects. So can you blame them for voting for Bernie?

The simple answer is because, as Bernie says, the vast majority of wealth continues to go to the wealthy - wealthy that isn't just made by these masterful financial savants, but on the hard work of working people. The rich get richer, as the saying goes, while the poor and middle class either get poorer or stay the same. But it isn't just a matter of outright or obvious exploitation - it is a matter of how the system works.

Risk and reward. A small business owner risks financial ruin if the business goes south, economy shits the bed, some accounts don't pay, etc. An employee, for the most part, loses a job. So while I know many small businesses participate in profit sharing of some kind, I do think those with the greatest risk should reap the greatest rewards

You're typing without saying anything. At best it's a load of hyperbole. You did not answer my question as to why you believe "a lot of the time, yes". You didn't answer because you have no clue. 

I can tell you have NEVER needed to make business decisions. You have never been an executive at a company. You have never run your own business.

You're typing without saying anything. At best it's a load of hyperbole. You did not answer my question as to why you believe "a lot of the time, yes". You didn't answer because you have no clue. 

I can tell you have NEVER needed to make business decisions. You have never been an executive at a company. You have never run your own business.

You're right, I've never been an executive, although my wife does run her own business and I have done independent contract work, and thus am my own business.

But no, I did say something but you just didn't understand. I'm talking about the big picture - our entire economic system.

To be fair, I don't think he's ever lived in a bedroom without Angels posters on the wall.

In the past I thought you were being a bit harsh on him but it is clear that he has never made a good living nor had much any business experience.

He comes off as a guy who has always thought that his boss is an idiot and the company is taking advantage of his mighty talents. Yet he has never created value for anyone, never had to sell anything, never had to improve a business, never created jobs and paid the employees on time, etc.

If he has a comfortable financial life then it is his spouse or parents who have provided it.

You're right, I've never been an executive, although my wife does run her own business and I have done independent contract work, and thus am my own business.

But no, I did say something but you just didn't understand. I'm talking about the big picture - our entire economic system.

LOL, look at what I just typed above. It IS YOUR SPOUSE and you HAVE NO EMPLOYEES. 

To be fair, I don't think he's ever lived in a bedroom without Angels posters on the wall.

I've actually never owned an Angels poster, but nice

In the past I thought you were being a bit harsh on him but it is clear that he has never made a good living nor had much any business experience.

He comes off as a guy who has always thought that his boss is an idiot and the company is taking advantage of his mighty talents. Yet he has never created value for anyone, never had to sell anything, never had to improve a business, never created jobs and paid the employees on time, etc.

If he has a comfortable financial life then it is his spouse or parents who have provided it.

LOL, what a prick. You do realize that there are other industries than business, than buying and selling?

You know nothing about me, what I do for a living. But what I do is beside the point. What I find troubling is that you seem to think that a person's viewpoint is in-valid if they don't work in business, which is like saying "you're only intelligent if you're an accountant."

There is a much larger, more colorful world out there beyond dollars and cents.