• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Waive Taylor Featherston - Sign LHP Christian Friedrich

Chuck

My issue with the move is we dealt all year last year with the growing pains of Featgerston hoping to get some sort of payback on it in the future as he matured. He obviously wasn't ready last year and replacing him with a veteran at the deadline could have been the difference between the playoffs and not. So to release him kind of makes keeping him all of last year a total waste of time.

Although we can certainly debate the validity of keeping Featherston on the roster I still think the kid has a good shot at being an everyday regular 2B. He's got above average defensive ability there and the kid has a strong history of power in the Minors. He never really had the playing time and probably the development time to show it. I hope he stays in the organization.

I've had the chance to watch Christian a couple times in the minors a few years back. Some guys you see and just know are going to be major leaguers, special ones at that. Off the top of my head, Richards, Shelby Miller, Sonny Gray, Tyler Skaggs, James Tallion

Which one of these guy doesn't belong?

if you said Tyler Skaggs, you get an Angels selfie-stick

Although we can certainly debate the validity of keeping Featherston on the roster I still think the kid has a good shot at being an everyday regular 2B. He's got above average defensive ability there and the kid has a strong history of power in the Minors. He never really had the playing time and probably the development time to show it. I hope he stays in the organization.

I won't disagree that he can be an everyday 2B but getting him 169 PAs and thousand innings of pine time was not the way to get him there. It was a bad decision for him and a bad decision for the team.

I don't think there is any way to justify the Featherston roster spot last season.

It sort of became a situation of : well, we kept him this long, so why not wait it out.

sort of the same rationale of throwing more good money after bad.

oh well, mistake noted, move on.

hopefully this LHP can provide some over all pen depth - even if he starts the season at SLC.

yes -- Grant Green a non-roster invitee in Scottsdale camp with the SF Giants.

going to be tough to find playing time in SF at SS or 2B........perhaps some 3B-OF.

Green has not played a lot of 3B -- oh well. I just don't see Green being a good fit on an NL team.

he needs to be a utility INF-OF with the possibility of DHing once in a while.

Which one of these guy doesn't belong?

if you said Tyler Skaggs, you get an Angels selfie-stick

I think if you'd seen Skaggs when we had him and then in the AZ system you'd be whistling a different tune. He'd have games where you could stop watching after the first inning. His fastball would be sitting 94-95, blowing hitters away, his curve ball was downright comical at times. Guys would be swinging from their knees, falling over, jello-legged. Then every once in a while just to toy with guys, he'd drop in a change up and hitters would just freeze.

Skaggs very much fit in with that group, and the longer he has in the majors, the closer he'll come to reaching that status again. Keep in mind, he used to be the top LHP prospect for good reason. Same with Heaney too. Recent bullpens have flocked Skaggs at 91-93, so he's almost back to where he was before.