• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Waive Taylor Featherston - Sign LHP Christian Friedrich

Chuck

Well at least he was pretty decent defensively in 2015 for us, so not a total wasted roster spot. 

Man, our depth is going to be much better this season.

I do like Friedrich as a lefty out of the pen. He's got a big arm and nice curve. Unfortunately he was victimized by Coors Field and Colorado Springs in AAA. 

not having a legit utility infielder last year probably cost the halos 2 games.  He'll probably clear waivers anyway.  

I like picking up pitchers from colorado that need a change of scenery.  These guys pitch with ptsd for a while  and then come around.  This could be a nice pickup.  

not having a legit utility infielder last year probably cost the halos 2 games.  He'll probably clear waivers anyway.  

I like picking up pitchers from colorado that need a change of scenery.  These guys pitch with ptsd for a while  and then come around.  This could be a nice pickup.  

Yeah, he used to be a top prospect in the Rockies org. 

Lefties that throw 93-95 MPH out of the pen are nice. 

Keeping this guy on the roster last year instead of acquiring a competent veteran reserve infielder was a head scratcher for sure. I thought, lets see what he does in Salt Lake this season before I make my final judgment. My final judgement is although I like giving Friedrich a chance to prove what he can do outside of the Pitching Hell of Coors Field, I would have rather been in the post-season last year.

May be wrong but I think with Taylor being DFAed Eppler has flipped literally 50% of the 40 man from last year.

Well, I was wrong but not by much. Counting Alcantara and Skaggs who weren't on the 40 man in '15, there's 17 new players to 23 returning.

Still quite a bit of turn-over so far for what has seemed a quiet offseason.

Edited by totdprods

Happy Trails, Featherbat...

Sucks, though.  He probably could have been something productive at some point.  In the minors he's posted a:

.274 .343 OBP .796 OPS 49 SBs plus great D

so I can see why Dipoto had an interest but going from AA straight to the MLB and playing a reserve role was obviously too much to take in.

Hopefully, he can pass through waivers and he can get more time at SLC