• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trout Thanks Redneck Blinds

ABC

You and I disagree about what is the human natural habitat. 

Are you saying we shouldn't be able to drive through remote areas to get from one city to the next? And we shouldn't be travelling in cars?

The Chinese carp are invasive and tearing up Lake Michigan. 

You're questioning the legitimacy of the lion overpopulation because I'm not an African wildlife biologist? ok. In that case I can question everything in that you're not an expert. At some point you have to defer to someone in everything.

Hunting has different rules for different animals in different locales. Cali has a silly and smart views on hunting and management. Some places you have to eat what you kill. Many places you need to apply and pay for a tag to kill a specific animal. That animal may have to be a specific gender, age and located within very specific parameters during an exact time of year. Some animals are shoot on sight because they are out of control. One place may have different rules than another based on politics or need. In many cases if you go into the woods and randomly shoot a bear you are breaking the law and can be locked up. 

I'm not assuming that you're a liberal. I wasn't clear in my statement and I can see why you think it was directed at you. It was a general comment for some here that see a fox link and flip out.

CF8 I'm commenting moreso than accusing you I'm not pointing a finger at you.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't drive through rural areas I'm saying that humans have purposely and deliberately built structures, roadways, rail lines, etc. into these areas where specific species call their natural homes and we shouldn't be surprised when we run over a deer and cause a fatal accident not only for the animal but for the human(s) in the car. That's all I was ever pointing out that by us moving into their habitat we put ourselves at risk not the animals putting us at risk. Just a distinction.

And you took the comment I made about the article the wrong way. I was simply saying that neither of us is an expert on lion populations in Africa and there is no way for us to definitively know if there is really a danger to their ecosystem (thereby creating a situation for population control) or if there is no need for a culling at all. I'd also point out that Cecil the lion was not mercifully put out of its misery. They wounded it and hunted it down and generally made the final minutes and hours of its life miserable not to mention that the infamous dentist wanted to mount its head on his wall.

If you're going to cull a population it should be done in as humane a way as possible. Tranquilize and euthanize. Why do we have to make everything a damn sporting event? There's a certain segment of the population that wants to dominate wild animals through the process of a hunt. There is a subgroup of that group that wants to eat their kill and I'm fine with that. But there is another subgroup that gets a thrill out of snuffing out another life. Those people are missing a soul in my personal opinion.

I just think that maybe I didn't communicate my full thoughts as well as I could have earlier. I don't think we actually disagree too much on this topic (I could be wrong though).

Don't hunt but you are talking pie in the sky stuff.  We are here and no we are not moving out of all rural areas.  Since you live in the cities you have no idea what its like when deer are overpopulated, sick.  They spread disease.  They aren't just in forests, they are all over the plains.  You know, where a lot of your food comes from.  

Why is it pie in the sky? In fact I'd say a lot of it is long overdue to be examined and handled in a more humane manner.

I never said to move out of rural areas? All that I am saying is that humans shouldn't be surprised when we build infrastructure into wilderness and wild areas and suddenly find deer, mountain lions, etc. roaming across our roads and near our homes. We are putting ourselves at risk of auto accidents, child maulings, etc. when we enter the normal and natural habitat's of certain species. It is a risk we have imposed upon ourselves.

As far as the spreading of disease of course their needs to be responsible steps taken to control that as well as other damage to the ecosystem and to other species including humans. But there are good ways of doing it and bad ways of doing it. Everything needs a logical plan of action.

CF8 I'm commenting moreso than accusing you I'm not pointing a finger at you.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't drive through rural areas I'm saying that humans have purposely and deliberately built structures, roadways, rail lines, etc. into these areas where specific species call their natural homes and we shouldn't be surprised when we run over a deer and cause a fatal accident not only for the animal but for the human(s) in the car. That's all I was ever pointing out that by us moving into their habitat we put ourselves at risk not the animals putting us at risk. Just a distinction.

And you took the comment I made about the article the wrong way. I was simply saying that neither of us is an expert on lion populations in Africa and there is no way for us to definitively know if there is really a danger to their ecosystem (thereby creating a situation for population control) or if there is no need for a culling at all. I'd also point out that Cecil the lion was not mercifully put out of its misery. They wounded it and hunted it down and generally made the final minutes and hours of its life miserable not to mention that the infamous dentist wanted to mount its head on his wall.

If you're going to cull a population it should be done in as humane a way as possible. Tranquilize and euthanize. Why do we have to make everything a damn sporting event? There's a certain segment of the population that wants to dominate wild animals through the process of a hunt. There is a subgroup of that group that wants to eat their kill and I'm fine with that. But there is another subgroup that gets a thrill out of snuffing out another life. Those people are missing a soul in my personal opinion.

I just think that maybe I didn't communicate my full thoughts as well as I could have earlier. I don't think we actually disagree too much on this topic (I could be wrong though).

I get where you're coming from but I disagree with much of your POV on this.

That will cost taxpayers significant money. First you lose hunter fees. Second you have to pay professionals to hunt and dispose of the animals. Third you kill an entire industry. Fourth you have to support people who lost their jobs that are tied to recreational hunting.

Do you eat chicken, pork, beef or fish? How many of them were tranquilized before killed, skinned and chopped up to then be served up for you?

Edited by CF8

I get where you're coming from but I disagree with much of your POV on this.

That will cost taxpayers significant money. First you lose hunter fees. Second you have to pay professionals to hunt and dispose of the animals. Third you kill an entire industry. Fourth you have to support people who lost their jobs that are tied to recreational hunting.

Do you eat chicken, pork, beef or fish? How many of them were tranquilized before killed, skinned and chopped up to then be served up for you?

Like anything else is the change going to make things better or worse? I believe upending that industry will be useful and more pragmatic. Just an opinion I could be wrong. Many industries have disappeared over the years....

Yes I eat chicken and I think things should change from current common policies of how they are treated now. It's not groundbreaking thought.

There are better ways to raise chickens and eventually slaughter them for food. More humane ways. It can be done IMHO.

Even some of the "non-food" trophy animals are allowed to be hunted for conservation reasons. I don't have a major issue with it. Just look at all the mountain lion issues California has now. I grew up hunting and enjoyed it very much. When I do hunt now it's for upland game birds. I prefer to fish these days as I'm a catch and release guy. Gutting and cleaning a mammal sucks!