• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Offseason Grade by SI

Biergott

Not more than left field.

They needed four guys more than one. Look at the bench, the entire 2015 team is wiped away. You guys got so wrapped up in one position you forgot just what led to most of the problems last season and that was they had no close to league average players as substitutes. Joyce sucked balls and yet there was no player in the Angels organization that sucked less to replace him and that was just one position without a backup. There was nothing backing up any of the other 8 starting positions as well.

This team is at least 7 players stronger than last season.

They needed four guys more than one. Look at the bench, the entire 2015 team is wiped away. You guys got so wrapped up in one position you forgot just what led to most of the problems last season and that was they had no close to league average players as substitutes. Joyce sucked balls and yet there was no player in the Angels organization that sucked less to replace him and that was just one position without a backup. There was nothing backing up any of the other 8 starting positions as well.

This team is at least 7 players stronger than last season.

A steady player at one position is far more valuable than a bench. If they had a steady player in left they wouldn't need so many options.

Having a good bench is important, but there is no way you honestly feel it is more important than having a good player at a major position.

You don't have to agree with everything the FO does, you know. It isn't like you get paid to be a mod here.

Plus, how hard can it be to find a moderately priced, league average leftfielder. They can upgrade the bench (which they did and should have done) and leftfield (which they should still do) without committing crazy dollars to anyone.

Edited by wopphil

A steady player at one position is far more valuable than a bench. If they had a steady player in left they wouldn't need so many options.

Having a good bench is important, but there is no way you honestly feel it is more important than having a good player at a major position.

You don't have to agree with everything the FO does, you know. It isn't like you get paid to be a mod here.

I thought we covered this. This is my opinion, I really don't care what the front office position is as long as it betters the team. They did that this off season.

No, I don't like the platoon option but I also am fed up with the sinkhole of money and draft picks pissed away to fill one average talent position. The Angels were better off the years Willits and Cowgill were out there than Matthews, Wells and Hamilton.

So I'm on board as far as trying some other solutions while taking care of five other problem areas. If the platoon fails then keep plugging that gap with cost controlled players until something sticks but don't rupture the entire team banking on one guy to make a difference.

I think I feel better about a bunch of guys working their asses off to keep their league minimum jobs rather than one more guy that has more money than he and generations of his family can spend.