• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Dodgers could trade Andre Ethier before April

Chuck

The Dodgers don't want Wilson. Hell, we don't want Wilson but many people cheered and thanked Arte and Jerry at the pressor for signing him. Short memories.

Because it was a good signing and we have pitching depth and he's expensive. You know all this but you hate guys that make money.

Because it was a good signing and we have pitching depth and he's expensive. You know all this but you hate guys that make money.

Strad I don't mind guys that make good money as long as they earn it and the Angels don't get stuck with contracts that can't be moved. I just don't understand all of the bashing of Arte when its the players who are failing to deliver not him.

Strad I don't mind guys that make good money as long as they earn it and the Angels don't get stuck with contracts that can't be moved. I just don't understand all of the bashing of Arte when its the players who are failing to deliver not him.

The players he signed didn't fail they are declining. You vilianize the players because of the money they make. You treat them like they are purposely not performing or aren't giving their full effort. Oh and CJ has won 16 games more than he's lost since he's been an Angel. Stop your Arte is a victim in this nonsense.

Yeah. Arte's commitment to winning over the years has been appreciated. I will not forget that.

That said, in this business it's what have you done for me lately. He F'd up on Josh Hamilton all the way around, now he's punishing the fans by not filling a major hole in LF.

Eppler's spin on Nava and Gentry as a platoon to fill that hole is quite humorous. He's banking on two players going back to being good as they were a few years back.

Not smart.

To be fair, Eppler was not here for the Great Left Field Debacle of 2014 and 2015.

The players he signed didn't fail they are declining. You vilianize the players because of the money they make. You treat them like they are purposely not performing or aren't giving their full effort. Oh and CJ has won 16 games more than he's lost since he's been an Angel. Stop your Arte is a victim in this nonsense.

Well your argument has landed us 3 contracts for players that are expensive, declining and unmovable unless we eat most of the money like Hamilton. The fans wanted those players and we netted zero playoff victories because of it. Now you're upset because Arte won't go out and get you another expensive contract.

I'm pretty sure that Arte plans on selling the team in the near future but be careful for what you wish for. We may end up with a $100M - $125M budget.

Do we really want to give up a mid teens pick for Fowler?

Ethier could cost as much $55 million through 2018. Tough thing to do for someone getting up there in years.

This. all day this.

Even if you take the tax out of it if part of the goal is to rebuild the farm why do you give up that pick for a pedestrian upgrade in a vain attempt to fight for third place? 

They have way too many starters. Eppler should have thought of this way before the Dodgers went on a shopping spree signing all kinds of SP's

I can't imagine that the Dodgers front office was eager to trade for a guy that hasn't yet proven he can throw again..   There is also the reality they had 3 lefties all better than Wilson already and let's be honest 12 mil for Kazmir >>> 20 mil for Wilson.

Wilson for Either always made sense for the Angels -- but not at all for the Dodgers.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I can't imagine that the Dodgers front office was eager to trade for a guy that hasn't yet proven he can throw again.. There is also the reality they had 3 lefties all better than Wilson already and let's be honest 12 mil for Kazmir >>> 20 mil for Wilson.

Wilson has the ability to block 8 trades. I think that he will exercise that right to remain home.

Well your argument has landed us 3 contracts for players that are expensive, declining and unmovable unless we eat most of the money like Hamilton. The fans wanted those players and we netted zero playoff victories because of it. Now you're upset because Arte won't go out and get you another expensive contract.

I'm pretty sure that Arte plans on selling the team in the near future but be careful for what you wish for. We may end up with a $100M - $125M budget.

I am not upset he hasn't got us another expensive contract, I am upset he hasn't found us a quality left fielder. Also it isn't an argument, it is a fact, he signed three guys that are now in decline, it happens. You said earlier that you just want a player that is worth his money and that is able to be traded without eating a large part of their contract. Show me your list of guys that could be traded for equal value in the final year of a long term deal. Now I know you will go and talk about Albert, but just focus on what I asked you.

Steamer has delivered steaming piles of shit when it comes to their projections, so I don't even bother.

I'm not real big on their projections either, though you really need to take a look at the playing time projection before you look at anything else. That said I will take an objective measure such as Steamer over individual message board opinions.

Interestingly the fans seem pretty high on Fowler, his projected war from the aggregate fan projection is over 3. Personally I see a guy who has played his whole career in big time hitters parks, with limited power and a high walk rate. As a left handed batter I can't see him doing very well in Anaheim. He reminds me an awful lot of Matt Joyce actually, though I think he would certainly do better than Matt did.

LMAO at "pedestrian upgrade".

Call it what you will but he doesnt make us better than a third place team so the reference stands.

Both Gentry and Nava put up roughly the same numbers as Fowler as recently as 2014, why did we get them only to get another of the same basic guy?  

I'm not real big on their projections either, though you really need to take a look at the playing time projection before you look at anything else. That said I will take an objective measure such as Steamer over individual message board opinions.

Interestingly the fans seem pretty high on Fowler, his projected war from the aggregate fan projection is over 3. Personally I see a guy who has played his whole career in big time hitters parks, with limited power and a high walk rate. As a left handed batter I can't see him doing very well in Anaheim. He reminds me an awful lot of Matt Joyce actually, though I think he would certainly do better than Matt did.

Fowler can get on base and has pop and speed. 

He has also over time shown he can put up a solid OPS in parks that are pitcher friendly.

Petco Park: .1196 OPS
Dodgers Stadium: .1083

and in 2014 he posted an .980 OPS at Angel Stadium of Anaheim vs. our Halos.