• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Chatter Circulates About Yankees, Angels Talking Brett Gardner for Andrew Heaney Swap

Chuck

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkyankees/2016/01/19/mlb-hot-stove-chatter-circulates-about-yankees-angels-talking-brett-gardner-for-andrew-heaney-swap/

"With outfield prospect Aaron Judge not far off, the Yankees could dealBrett Gardner for pitching. It's plausible to imagine a Gardner-for-Andrew Heaney swap, considering Angels GM Billy Eppler was Brian Cashman's assistant and likes Gardner's defense, speed, and leadoff capability."

Wilson or Santiago hell ya!

I could see them doing Santiago, not Wilson. Or Skaggs. They want young pitching.

There's a helluva lot of things that can happen in ST, so we shouldn't bank on the Nava/Gentry platoon yet. Hell, if one or both of those guys suck and our SP's are looking good, I can see a trade happening. 

We just have to be patient, which none of us are.

I could see them doing Santiago, not Wilson. Or Skaggs. They want young pitching.

There's a helluva lot of things that can happen in ST, so we shouldn't bank on the Nava/Gentry platoon yet. Hell, if one or both of those guys suck and our SP's are looking good, I can see a trade happening. 

We just have to be patient, which none of us are.

We can't afford to replace Heaney long term, and with the trade of Newcomb and Ellis there is no one in the system capable of stepping up.

Brett Gardner lf
4 years/$52M (2015-18), plus 2019 option

• 4 years/$52M (2015-18), plus 2019 club option
    • signed extension with NY Yankees 2/23/14
    • $2M signing bonus
    • 15:$12M, 16:$13M, 17:$12M, 18:$11M, 19:$12.5M club option ($2M buyout)
    • assignment bonus: $1M if traded

Gardner is a. 250 hitter with limited power and a mid 700 OPS in Yankee Stadium. He is not worth an Andrew Heaney trade proposal, the fanboy who wrote that article is as hot stove lucid as CJ Wilson trade junkies here.

I can see them doing Santiago, Skaggs or Wilson. I'd like to hang on to Skaggs. We need all the young SP we can.