• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

So Cespedes is still out there

Jimnesie

The Angels need a left fielder.  Common knowledge.  But there are a few things about Cespedes that really are bothersome.  Oakland was making a run at the AL West, and in the heat of the race, Oakland trades Cespedes.  Detroit is looking like it has a chance and then all of a sudden they trade Cespedes.  Why?  This man has so much baggage.  Do you really want a big gun left fielder who isn't even liked by his teammates?  Who has proven to throw errant shots from the outfield?

The lack of Angels hitting in 2015 stems from not having a real hitting coach.  The material was there, but Don Baylor has never shown he can translate his hitting ability into instruction.  Let's give this team a chance.  I am so afraid that we are so anxious to put a big name in left field that we will create another Josh Hamilton scenario.

wouldn't you?

If I was already a billionaire? No. Id rather have a World Series ring. Its also in Arte's best interest to build a winner here. If we can get Trout a ring he would probably stay here for his whole career. Just think of the marketing dollars if that happens. Not to mention, the value of this franchise would skyrocket if we ever won anything.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

Arte obviously has no clue about long term planning.

Well as much as I hate what he's doing, not throwing bad money at free agents, is at least a sign he's thinking about the future. He could have said, "F' it" and given Price or Greinke those ridiculous contracts that you would have bitched about in three years.

The Angels need a left fielder. Common knowledge. But there are a few things about Cespedes that really are bothersome. Oakland was making a run at the AL West, and in the heat of the race, Oakland trades Cespedes. Detroit is looking like it has a chance and then all of a sudden they trade Cespedes. Why? This man has so much baggage. Do you really want a big gun left fielder who isn't even liked by his teammates? Who has proven to throw errant shots from the outfield?

The lack of Angels hitting in 2015 stems from not having a real hitting coach. The material was there, but Don Baylor has never shown he can translate his hitting ability into instruction. Let's give this team a chance. I am so afraid that we are so anxious to put a big name in left field that we will create another Josh Hamilton scenario.

First why the hell ate we talking about the cons of signing Cespedes when it's clear we are not pursuing him. It's like debating who we should to go to bed with: Charlize Theron or Jennifer Lawrence. We not bedding either one so why discuss it.

Second Oakland was dominating until they traded him and then they tanked. The Mets made the playoffs because of him. I think this shows he's a winner... Not a player with baggage.

this late in the game and he's still unsigned.  makes me think he's just not getting anything close to what he thinks he deserves.  

He's probably got some 3, 4 and maybe even 5yr offers, but if he's holding out for 6 or 7, I think he's gonna be disappointed.  I just don't see any of the teams left suddenly shifting gears and backing up the money truck.  

Teams are looking to get a deal at this point.  There aren't any that seem to have any real sense of urgency.  

Wait Yoenis Cespedes is still available?  Why didn't anyone tell me.  Did any of you notice any threads talking about him?

Ok seriously, Cespedes now has the market cornered.  He's going to get 5/105 with an option for a 6th year which will bring it to 130 million. 

Personally, I'd offer him what I think he's worth in a relatively equal market for late January.  5/95.  It probably wouldn't get it done, but at least I'd be able to say I made a competitive offer.  If someone's really going to pay more than that, fine, but my guess is they'll regret it later on.