• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Rams thread

Angel Oracle

They spent a lot of time tackling from behind. That means whoever has the ball is able to gain that extra three yards after contact. They need more tackles from head on stopping forward progress. That would require more knowledge of their opponents play choices before the snap. That is the defensive coordinator's job, execution only follows a plan.

You’re overreacting (surprise, surprise). They score so many points and so quick that teams need to pass and throw the deep ball all game in an offensive league. 

Chiefs lead the league in offense and point differential but I think are last in defense. The yin and the yang which the Rams are in, as well. Plus the way the refs throw flags damn near every pass play (now let’s add the QB flags) and defenses don’t hold a chance. You just hope they bend and don’t break and come up with the 2-3 stops in needed situations a game. Chiefs only punt an average of two times a game but need to hold a couple times a game to have the point differential they have.

product of the environment.

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

You’re overreacting (surprise, surprise). They score so many points and so quick that teams need to pass and throw the deep ball all game in an offensive league. 

Chiefs lead the league in offense and point differential but I think are last in defense. The yin and the yang which the Rams are in, as well. Plus the way the refs throw flags damn near every pass play (now let’s add the QB flags) and defenses don’t hold a chance. You just hope they bend and don’t break and come up with the 2-3 stops in needed situations a game. Chiefs only punt an average of two times a game but need to hold a couple times a game to have the point differential they have.

product of the environment.

So the next question then is, in today's NFL, does a team need to be stronger defensively in the front 7, or in the defensive secondary?

QB's get rid of the ball so fast nowadays, that maybe it reduces the importance of the defensive front 3/4, and heightens the importance of the LB corps and secondary?

Agreed that the refs are getting even more overreaching themselves.    I get protecting the QB with all of the concussion worries.   But should they not be so vigilant with the WRs protection on the interference calls?   

Kupp's season over with a torn ACL.  Meanwhile the NFL is looking into the quality of the field in Mexico City which is a combination of grass and synthetic filler as it currently looks terrible.  I'm sure they'll figure something out before the game but not something you want to be concerned with as two 9-1 teams are set to meet in what currently has a historic over/under. 

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Kupp's season over with a torn ACL.  Meanwhile the NFL is looking into the quality of the field in Mexico City which is a combination of grass and synthetic filler as it currently looks terrible.  I'm sure they'll figure something out before the game but not something you want to be concerned with as two 9-1 teams are set to meet in what currently has a historic over/under. 

Ugh, time for Josh Reynolds to step into the #3 WR spot, for Pharoah Cooper to return in December, and for Everett/Higbee to continue their surge over the past two games

Makes me wonder if the first knee injury weakened it enough for this to happen.  

The players pressured the league, because that turf sounds to be very dangerous to play on.  Some threatened to sit the game out, if not moved.

At least now the Rams can actually have 8 true home games, something they didn't have a year ago when one of them was in London.

Now, do they leave Colorado Springs and return here to practice?

They're staying in CO to practice.

Bummer I can't go with the newborn in the house, just too tough of a last minute call with work and logistics of it. Went to the Seattle game while the wife stayed home. If only I knew before the Seattle game I would've dumped those and went Monday instead.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Game now moved to LA. Trying to get tix, but nothing up yet...that I know of.

I may have my 2 season tickets and parking pass available. I have 2 tickets, Section 22H row 24, amazing seats. Also have a South Lawn Parking pass, no details how those are being distributed though. But I know I get it for sure.

36 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The players pressured the league, because that turf sounds to be very dangerous to play on.  Some threatened to sit the game out, if not moved.

At least now the Rams can actually have 8 true home games, something they didn't have a year ago when one of them was in London.

Now, do they leave Colorado Springs and return here to practice?

It's not pretty.

stadium-azteca-mexico-city-field-conditi

16 minutes ago, Aaronkv said:

They're staying in CO to practice.

Bummer I can't go with the newborn in the house, just too tough of a last minute call with work and logistics of it. Went to the Seattle game while the wife stayed home. If only I knew before the Seattle game I would've dumped those and went Monday instead.

I may have my 2 season tickets and parking pass available. I have 2 tickets, Section 22H row 24, amazing seats. Also have a South Lawn Parking pass, no details how those are being distributed though. But I know I get it for sure.

Keep me in the loop, my lady is even into it and looking more than I am, so we are down to pick those up. I have a doc appt. in LA that day at noon and just plan on staying there all day while she comes up for the game. The parking pass and seats may just work because I believe I can leave my car at the paid parking with the doc office, jump in hers, and use that to park there....or find an alternative and have her park somewhere safe and we both Uber to and from the game.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Keep me in the loop, my lady is even into it and looking more than I am, so we are down to pick those up. I have a doc appt. in LA that day at noon and just plan on staying there all day while she comes up for the game. The parking pass and seats may just work because I believe I can leave my car at the paid parking with the doc office, jump in hers, and use that to park there....or find an alternative and have her park somewhere safe and we both Uber to and from the game.

I'll know more in the morning tomorrow before they go on sale to the public at noon. Asked some Family if they wanted them first, if not I'll let you know.

Parking pass is money, South Lawn is right next to my seats and is the only lot that empties out onto Exposition that is also closed to any other traffic. Parking opens 5 hours before the game to Tailgate so It'd be perfect for you.

that field looks like a nightmare. glad they're moving the game.

the NFL is getting roasted on twitter by fans who were traveling from all over the country and even canada. they can get refunds on the tickets but what do they do about plane and hotel reservations? gonna be expensive for a lot of people. i wonder if the NFL has some kind of compensation plan in place for just such an anomaly.

i'm not a fan of the games in international locations.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

that field looks like a nightmare. glad they're moving the game.

the NFL is getting roasted on twitter by fans who were traveling from all over the country and even canada. they can get refunds on the tickets but what do they do about plane and hotel reservations? gonna be expensive for a lot of people. i wonder if the NFL has some kind of compensation plan in place for just such an anomaly.

i'm not a fan of the games in international locations.

Especially when they scheduled the Rams in one as the home team in back-to-back seasons.   STUPIDDDDD!

At least this one is reverting to a true home game.