• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Davis signs with Orioles: 7 yrs, $161M

What a terrible contract. Hopefully this takes them out of the running for Cespedes.

I'm assuming the alleged offer to Cespedes was basically insurance in case Davis was crazy enough not to take this contract. Hopefully this gets things on the fast track with the remaining outfielders.

This deal likely embolden's Cespedes and Upton to wait out larger offers....

On the one hand I agree, but on the other, their market has only so many suitors who can drive up their prices. It is probably safe to say that 25 teams have no interest whatsoever. So I guess the question is whether any of the other five will go over their comfort zone. For one player, I'd say that is a good likelihhod. But for both Upton and Cespedes, I am not so sure.

What teams still seem like good fits (i.e., have a need and willing to spend) for these two? White Sox, Detroit, Angels, Cardinals, possibly Yankees, possibly Dodgers?

On the one hand I agree, but on the other, their market has only so many suitors who can drive up their prices. It is probably safe to say that 25 teams have no interest whatsoever. So I guess the question is whether any of the other five will go over their comfort zone. For one player, I'd say that is a good likelihhod. But for both Upton and Cespedes, I am not so sure.

What teams still seem like good fits (i.e., have a need and willing to spend) for these two? White Sox, Detroit, Angels, Cardinals, possibly Yankees, possibly Dodgers?

Yeah, I don't know it will work out for them but I can see those two being told by agents they simply need to wait out a deal.   The waiting game continues.

Yeah, I don't know it will work out for them but I can see those two being told by agents they simply need to wait out a deal. The waiting game continues.

And of those teams I mentioned, I could easily see none being willing to offer big money. Arte has publicly nixed the idea. The Yankees and Dodgers haven't been linked publicly. The Cardinals spent big on Leake and have outfield options. The White Sox aren't big spenders. And Detroit appears close to maxed out (and hasn't been linked publicly).

Edited by wopphil

I would have no problem trading Santiago for a young major league ready left fielder, but who? Or as I have said in the past trade Kubitza for the left field version of himself. I also wouldn't mind moving Cron for a left fielder and signing Morneau. I just don't want to go into the season with question marks at 2nd base and left field again. Or go all in one more season Arte and trade for players on the last year of their contracts like Jay Bruce and Brandon Phillips and sign Upton. Then you will only be over the cap for one year.

That's a ton of money to give someone a year away from hitting .196/.300/.404.

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical of Davis. He has only 2 seasons out of 8 that he's posted over 2 WAR. And they weren't consecutive. Something seems off, but the orioles are the one team that i would say might have enough information to make that decision.

Think the O's just !@#$ed us out of Cespedes or Upton.

I guess, I just look at it as one less suitor for those two players. Not sure who will sign those guys but if the report that came out a couple days ago about Cespedes deciding between Baltimore at 5 and $90 million or a one year deal from the Mets is true, then his price isn't crazy and will go down now.