• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mike Trout rated #1 CF in Baseball (duh) by MLB Network

Chuck

"He has the best route running according to stat cast". And he makes incredible plays. So why the hell is his defensive war so low. Defensive metrics still suck IMO

Meanwhile Donaldson has a good defensive war despite 20+ errors a year

because it doesn't use stat cast.  

If I am correct and I think I am, current defensive stats don't take into account where the player started.  

stat cast does.  

because it doesn't use stat cast.

If I am correct and I think I am, current defensive stats don't take into account where the player started.

stat cast does.

Which would be part of the problem then. How can you not include that in analyzing a players defense? Some guys start according to what the coaches want and others start because they have as terrible fielder near them. They shouldn't be punished for that.

Which would be part of the problem then. How can you not include that in analyzing a players defense? Some guys start according to what the coaches want and others start because they have as terrible fielder near them. They shouldn't be punished for that.

Yep. That shit needs to be remedied. 

Probably the reason defensive metrics are so inconsistent.

Edited by Poozy

They bring him up *hush hush* at #1 as if he's a Republican at a Democratic debate!

Insane. Oh we have to bring up the ANGELS, let's tread lightly. 

If he was on the Stanx/BoSux the coverage would be absurd.

Trout deserves more than he's getting, comparing him to Harper is laughable.

Best plate approach, greatest centerfielder, most handsomest ballplayer I've ever seen. Yes. Just like tdawg, I would.