• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official Guns Thread

20 hours ago, nate said:

How about where the murder rate in Japan is less than 5% of that in the US?

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murder-rate

I'm sure if we:

1. Subjugated the entire US population in essentially complete global isolation for ten or so centuries.
2. Condition the population to be subservient to the ruling class on the pain of death.
3. Instill an absolute honor system.

We'd as a country would have a lower murder rate as a result too...eventually.

Lol, you guys always have some excuse.

Instead of trying to make things better you just want to keep it the same because you always figure out some nuance or it will be too hard.  We should start now so our great grand kids aren't still living in a first world country with third world murder rates.

Just now, nate said:

Lol, you guys always have some excuse.

Instead of trying to make things better you just want to keep it the same because you always figure out some nuance or it will be too hard.  We should start now so our great grand kids aren't still living in a first world country with third world murder rates.

I'm sorry did you actually have a meaningful response?  All I see is "crap, that's too hard to answer so um...something shiny."

Just now, nate said:

Sure, explain to me why Norway, Switzerland and Austria have minuscule murder rates compared to the US.  Lets hear all the nuance and how it isn't gun control.

Far higher standard of living per capita and little to no history of subjugation of minorities. Same reason why the New England has a far lower murder rate than the deep south and states like New Mexico. In this state it's pretty easy to see why many consider life cheap.

Now let me say that places like Switzerland, Norway and Austria are not really comparable to the U.S.  The same way you can't compare the economic laws of those countries with the U.S. is the same reason you can't compare gun laws.

The rules in Switzerland wouldn't work here. Neither would the ones in Austria or Norway.

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland instead of reading a stupid article read the details.  Most of their gun volume comes from required military issuance.  They don't even keep the ammo with the guns.

@Thomas lol ok it has nothing to do with gun ownership.  Explain Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Greece and Australia.

Maybe the reason why the US is so fucked up is because we allow so many people to buy guns and therefore encourage violence?

I think it is so hilarious that you guys come up with every excuse why we aren't those countries instead of acknowledging that it could be because of gun control.