• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official Guns Thread

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Good lord Nate, read a little more.  They are allowed to purchase comparable ammunition.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/switzerland

Not in any way like here.  They have to go through a ton of paperwork in order to.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland#Buying_Ammunition 

You know what they call that?  Gun control.  Also their 25 guns per 100 people is a fraction of the more than 100 per 100 people in the US.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

Maybe the reason why the US is so fucked up

We're fucked up because a lot of white people made damn sure we all hate each other. Guns are the preferred manner of dealing with that hate. But even a cursory scan of the internet shows that we are sharing how to exchange hate in lots of ways besides firearms. Many more terrifying. There will be a time when we lament about a time when we "only" had to deal with gun violence. But why not get rid of firearms?  Because I spent most of my time in school history reading about how the government spent the their time killing my ancestors. I'd rather not have my descendants do the same.

Maybe you missed the part in history where that is what happened in all of those European countries too.

And if anyone here thinks a citizen militia stands even a second of a chance against the US military then they are more delusional than I thought.

Just now, nate said:

Maybe you missed the part in history where that is what happened in all of those European countries too.

And if anyone here thinks a citizen militia stands even a second of a chance against the US military then they are more delusional than I thought.

Even WWII pales in comparison to the genocide committed on this continent. Against a nuclear arsenal a country's own armed populace is the only balance to their power. But an American's overconfidence about their military never has known their own bounds.

31 minutes ago, nate said:

Sure, explain to me why Norway, Switzerland and Austria have minuscule murder rates compared to the US.  Lets hear all the nuance and how it isn't gun control.

I'm guessing they value human life more than the US does.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Even WWII pales in comparison to the genocide committed on this continent. Against a nuclear arsenal a country's own armed populace is the only balance to their power. But an American's overconfidence about their military never has known their own bounds.

I wasn't talking about WW2, how do you think German, Italy, England, Greece and France once controlled most of Europe at one point or other in history.

And you show me how anyone with some semi automatic assault rifles can defend themselves against airstrikes and get back to me.

1 minute ago, Angels N Skins said:

I'm guessing they value human life more than the US does.

That is a definite considering most people here would rather have a gun than stop people from being murdered.  Or they are idiots like Blarg that say suicide and murder are the same thing.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Ha!  Three different sources that have no reason to twist facts say it is in the 40th percentile.

You go ahead and stick to your guns though.  Although in your case it would be a shotgun.

So if we use your wrong number and go with 40%, considering that all males are issues a weapon when they are an adult and have to jump through hoops to own ammo, and more than half of them never do buy their own ammo for it, it still doesn't even come close to comparing to the US.

I would be perfectly happy if the US gun laws mirrored Switzerland, they are 100x more strict than here.

5 minutes ago, nate said:

I wasn't talking about WW2, how do you think German, Italy, England, Greece and France once controlled most of Europe at one point or other in history.

Marriage mostly. To a lesser degree battles between standing armies. Not so much genocide and slavery that 90+% of population was decimated.

5 minutes ago, nate said:

And you show me how anyone with some semi automatic assault rifles can defend themselves against airstrikes and get back to me.

Which is why the military operations in Afghanistan have gone so swimmingly, yes? You know the misses and I were just thinking about a nice relaxing vacation in Kabul next summer...

Just now, Thomas said:

Marriage mostly. To a lesser degree battles between standing armies. Not so much genocide and slavery that 90+% of population was decimated.

Which is why the military operations in Afghanistan have gone so swimmingly, yes? You know the misses and I were just thinking about a nice relaxing vacation in Kabul next summer...

Yeah because the US is a remote country with deep caves and bunkers at the ready.  Afghanistan had AA, surface to air missiles, and a military, even if it was shitty, that was way more armed than any US citizen.