• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official Guns Thread

It's too hard: the American way.  And you guys bash the Bernouts.  You don't want to improve the country for the same reason they don't want to look for a job.

And lets see @Adam, just off the very top of my head, until recently gay marriage, cloning research, umbilical and plecenta stem cell research, not to mention continued attempts to ban planned parenthood, sex ed, and many more.

11 minutes ago, nate said:

It's too hard: the American way.  And you guys bash the Bernouts.  You don't want to improve the country for the same reason they don't want to look for a job.

And lets see @Adam, just off the very top of my head, until recently gay marriage, cloning research, umbilical and plecenta stem cell research, not to mention continued attempts to ban planned parenthood, sex ed, and many more.

That's your version of improving the country.  Yet you get just as pissed when others try to make their version happen.

21 minutes ago, nate said:

So those Evangelicals buying congress aren't really getting much bang for their buck.

Business buys policy, people don't. "The American Way" is bullshit. I know this is tinfoil hatty of me, but all of those things you mentioned are simply distractions - keep left and right, religious and secular arguing passionately about things to create the illusion of democracy so they can fuck us behind closed doors by stripping rights, killing brown people, raiding our checkbooks, etc... 

1 minute ago, nate said:

The scientific research is extremely important if we want to continue evolving as humans.

Fantastic. Subcultures of America aren't preventing that. Those who really own this country are so that you and your team will get angry at Sally McProtestant and her team long enough for them to do whatever is in their interest.

Just now, Adam said:

Fantastic. Subcultures of America aren't preventing that. Those who really own this country are so that you and your team will get angry at Sally McProtestant and her team long enough for them to do whatever is in their interest.

Those that I listed are all illegal because Christians are offended by them.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Yeah, the number of people that successfully defend themselves with a gun is not even in the same universe as the number that get killed because of them.

Probably because most law abiding gun owners don't carry a gun on them selves

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

how much harder?  Here is my issue with many anti-gun folk.  They want to whittle away at the second amendment.  They want to tear it apart piece by piece.  That isn't how the Constitution was set up.  The framers understood that things would change and so they made an option to change the Constitution.  If you want to eradicate the second amendment, then do it the way you are supposed to.

i don't want to do away with the second amendment. what i would like to see is: the elimination of as many of the illegal guns that are out there as can possibly be done; getting rid of the idea that everyone should be strapped and that that will somehow prevent bad things; figuring out a way to keep guns out of the hands of people with mental issues; shutting down gangs; some kind of licensing process and safety training for those who choose to own a gun; and the elimination of military style weapons for private citizens.

do those things and i'm good.

1 minute ago, nate said:

the NRA will never go for that if they won't even allow background checks and closing the gun show loophole.

The NRA has always preached accountability for people who use a gun in a crime. I would be shocked if they didn't. I bet I know who wouldn't like this program

2 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

Was watching the news this morning at the gym. It mentioned some palestinian broke into an israelis home and stabbed a 13 year old girl who was sleeping. And i wondered if they hear about our news.

Then i realized why would they, we barely talk about our own. Big events like orlando, any "that could have been me" ones make the news. The day to day ones never do. 

Was watching the cnn doc on the 70s, they had an episode about terrorism. The weather underground group (before my time) i guess used to set off a lot of bombs here in the US. And they finally realized a bunch of little bombs will soon be seen as routine, you need to go big to get people to notice. Kind of like the embassy bombings in the 90s, then the Cole, and finally 9/11.

On 6/29/2016 at 0:14 AM, Tank said:

there was a case maybe 15 years ago of some chick in houston (?) who ran into a guy who got stuck in her windshield. she had so much compassion she just simply parked the car in her garage and went inside with him still alive and stuck in the glass. i'll see if i can find the story.

That happened in the second season of Fargo.