• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Satelite Radio

Anyone know how to get a deal on the monthly subscription for Sirius? I want it for three different cars and I would be willing to pay up front as opposed to monthly payments. But looking at their website if I wanted three cars it would run about $50 a month. That is pretty steep just so I can listen to a baseball channel and have good coverage when we go to Havasu 8-10 times a year.

yes...here's the deal...I just finished up with them yesterday. I do this once every 5 months, and I was laughing with the person yesterday because there is a very specific script they have to follow, even though we both know what the end result is going to be. $25/radio for 5 months (with tax, comes out to about $28 or 5.50 a month).

Call in the Sirius Customer Service Number.

The first person you talk to, simply tell them no. The service is too expensive. If you already have the radio on a car, tell them you are going to cancel it because it is too expensive. Do not accept any offer they give you. They will then transfer you to the special offers group.

The special offers group, tell them the same thing...tell them it's too expensive. The XM select package seems to be the best one, if you want internet service it is more. So, tell them you want the XM select package, but the price has to be right.

They will give you an offer, about $100 for 12 months. Tell them no. it's too expensive. Well, sir, because you are a special customer...they will then offer you $50 for 6 months. Tell them no, it's too expensive. They will then read their script about how you are a special customer...blah blah blah. The next offer should be $25 for 5 months. You say yes...they then read a script about how 5 months only, after 5 months goes to quarterly blah blah blah...you say sounds awesome...and then they say...no, you must say yes.

you say yes.

And then you have to follow the exact same script with them for the other two radios...they even offer the same pricing packages you already rejected for the other radio. They have to follow the script.

And then, in 5 months, you just call them up and do it again. And don't worry if you forget, they'll rebate whatever you've paid if you forget and they charge you the higher rate.

3rd time I've done it. Hell, this time they even tossed in 90 free days for one of the cars because it was a new radio.

Get it for free like I did for awhile. The guy at the dealer told me how to do it and has done so for 3 years without paying. I did it for 6 or 9 months but didn't like it as much.

Call up and tell them you have a new vehicle and the dealership says you get a free trial (or even if you're a first timer they will give you a free trial. The trial is 3 months.

When the signal goes out signaling the end of the 90 days call them back and say the same thing. If they give you resistance say you never received it.

As the guy at the dealership said, it's a satellite signal, they can't verify you have or haven't received it.

Three cars may be pushing it though. Maybe stagger the gimmick.

I don't like satellite because whenever I go under a bridge or pass through the mountains in the high desert it phases out, skips, blah blah. Drives me bonkers. I have never liked the satellite radio since it started, and I haven't seen much of an improvement since.

I've been using the MLB app for ($30?) a season through Verizon to listen to any teams stream and it has not disappointed.

Might've be your receiver. I very rarely lose signal, tunnels is a given, but even around tall building or trees its fine.  Was in the mountains last weekend, parked against tall Sequoia's and never lost it.

Red321, I got the same deal from XM.  Just like you, I called to complain about the price, and told them I was going to cancel.  They upped me for another 6 months for $25. I love having the music selection, and the baseball stations are bonus.

I don't like satellite because whenever I go under a bridge or pass through the mountains in the high desert it phases out, skips, blah blah. Drives me bonkers. I have never liked the satellite radio since it started, and I haven't seen much of an improvement since.

I've been using the MLB app for ($30?) a season through Verizon to listen to any teams stream and it has not disappointed.

Tough life

We drive a lot, a lot of roadtrips to the middle of nowhere, camping...the satellite radios are fantastic....beats yokel lokel cowboy radio. Even when driving local there are some fantastic music stations like The Loft. Can't recall, outside of KCRW or the Angel's broadcast, the last time I listened to local commercial radio.

i live half a mile from work, so satellite is not practical for me.

there are three religious music channels together on sirius. the one called Enlighten plays some of the music from my men's chorus on sunday mornings, for those who may be interested.