• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Brown Baggers

Glen

I guess the better question would be, if you bring your lunch to work, what do you bring?

Something different every day, the same thing every day? Do you get creative and do pulled pork with corn on the cob, and a salad, or a simple ham sandwich with chips?

I eat at a different place every day, and rarely bring my lunch. Usually it's paid for by the company though, so that factors in.

I hate bringing lunch. I brought lunch from kindergarten through friggin high school, and once I got a job and could go out for warm hot food I think I tossed in my brown bag towel forever.

I'm streaky like a couple posters before. I once went a whole year eating Cambell's Healthy Choice everyday. Not really for health reasons or taste, but rather because I never had to think about what I was going to do for lunch. Had a subway streak for a year. Went a year without eating lunch (just snacking on sugar, granola bars and nuts until work was over. Then went out to eat.)

I just hate planning for meals.

He's always been cool with me. Of course he's Lutheran and he can tell you're Italian so obviously a Catholic. Also I brought him back a 12'er of Leinenkugels from Wisconsin like 12 years ago (the good regular stuff, not the silly seasonal flavored stuff).

I get a kick out of him looking at a cheat sheet to figure out how much to give to "the guv'na."

I guess the better question would be, if you bring your lunch to work, what do you bring?

Something different every day, the same thing every day? Do you get creative and do pulled pork with corn on the cob, and a salad, or a simple ham sandwich with chips?.

I love food and I love cooking. For years the gifts I got from my family were different containers and contraptions for carrying my food with me. When I worked in a large office I carried a thermos of my own coffee but now I have my own pot at work so I don't have to. As for food I often bring stir fry or crock pot soups and stews. Lots of salads and always some fresh fruit. As a 50 something I realize my meals are numbered so I want to enjoy as many of them as possible.

I live four minutes from home. I typically go there for lunch.

Sometimes it feels like you live at work.

I was a brown bagger all through school. At my first real 40 hour a week job one of the repair techs says he always gets a hot meal for lunch, meaning goes out or eats at the cafeteria. Sounded like a good idea to me.

I'm pretty basic/boring with meal preps because I don't like a bunch of stuff.

I bought a large freeze lunch bag thing and a bunch of reusable ice packs so I can keep it at my desk and just munch throughout the day.

I'm always looking to add, but my menu is basically 5-6 of these items...I tend to overpack the snack items, but take a fat burner and drink a ton of pu-erh tea, so I'm never hungry enough to eat everything:

Lunch

-Always a protein...chicken, steak, salmon

-Always a veg mixed with the above. I don't like a lot so I rotate or make mixes of asparagus, broccoli, carrots, brussel sprouts, green beans.

Breakfast

-Always these little Fage half and half Greek yogurts....you flip over half of some fruit or honey into the yogurt and mix.

Snacks...some combo of:

-those P3 packs

-fruit...either plain or I'll cut up apples and cinnamon or buy canned fruit and rinse off the sugar and Tupperware it.

-cottage cheese

-hard boiled eggs

-protein/granola bars

-those Justins individual peanut butter packs...I'll eat them by themselves

-canned tuna with mustard, sometimes throw in a hardboiled egg and some hot sauce.

-not often, but the Krave beef jerky packs.

Part of the reason I over pack food is because I started back with the supplements and things like the multivitamin make me feel ill if I don't eat enough or on a empty stomach.

Also, as mentioned, my company brings in food three days a week. So I may throw something from there in the mix....earlier in the week I threw in mac and cheese with the chicken and veggies. Or I'll grab some of the meats or beans to mix in.

Pretty boring but effective. The key had been rotating and finding new ways to make the same shit.

I've always been a go out to lunch guy, in large part because it makes sure I get up from my desk for 45 minutes to an hour. The plan is to start bringing lunch, when I do go in to the office, this year. Will have to substitute going for a walk at lunch time to make sure I'm not just stuck at the desk.

Put a mini fridge in at work and a note on it, nothing goes in, nothing comes out, for your coworkers to understand you won't be sharing space or cleaning their mess.

I had one assist thought he was clever and use to use my fridge on the weekends. I came in one Saturday early and unloaded his lunch on his desk before he got there. He was pissed and tried to complain to the other guys that I ruined his sliced apples. They all told him he was being an idiot, he could have found his lunch in the trash or better yet, I could have ate it since everything in my fridge is mine.

I don't share an office with anyone except when my assists are loading in shows, doing promo outputs or screenings with execs. I have my fridge, chair and desktop that better not have any leftover drinks, wrappers or crumbs on it when I come in. I don't even allow them dumping their food itens in my trash, the molding scent curried fish takes a lot of Fabreze to remove the smell.

No one, all the way up to the executive producers get any slack on the rules. I am on sick leave for two days, when I come in tomorrow the room will be as clean as I left it Wednesday night.

Get a fridge, be an asshole about for the first couple weeks to get your point across it is personal property and there are no exceptions, then enjoy a cold drink or treat now and then without constantly dealing with cold packing it in.

Hey Notti, don't blame you at all. I'm that asshole too. I draw strict lines that won't be crossed, and that's that. Don't like it? Tough sh*t. I bought the friggin fridge, I'm the only one that's gonna use it, or your stuffs gonna be in the trash. I don't want my space smelling like their trash either, I'm not going to put up with uncleanliness, I'm at work and am going to be professional. Want a fridge? Buy one.

I have 1 person in the office that uses my fridge, and that's because he's one of my chums and he respects it as if it were his own.

It's really the little things in life that I like splurging on, and a mini fridge was definitely one of them. I also have mini fans because I get hot in the office (the females always complain how cold they are while I'm sweating balls) and like having cool air blowing on me, and I also enjoy the ambient noise.

Thinking about getting one of these next.

3eb7af846203914144a3c89bce97b0cf.jpg

Of course I'm kidding. But I am high maintenance, only to my self.

I've always been a go out to lunch guy, in large part because it makes sure I get up from my desk for 45 minutes to an hour.

THIS is why I go out to lunch. To get me the fug out of the office. I don't understand how people can stay in the same vicinity 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week!

I need to go out and walk around, get some fresh air, add some spice to my day!

I eat out a majority of the time or bring left over if I happen to have them.  Sandwiches are my go to (not subway).  I also have really been enjoying MOD pizza lately.  Now I just realized I need to get back to INO because it has been way too long since I've been there.