• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The spawn of Bundy continues the legacy...

the ones occupying the building are idiots. I do hope that the real story behind this doesn't get lost in this though. The family who is being squeezed by the feds don't want anything to do with the circus that is the Bundy's.

There is some real bad shit being done by the feds.

the ones occupying the building are idiots. I do hope that the real story behind this doesn't get lost in this though. The family who is being squeezed by the feds don't want anything to do with the circus that is the Bundy's.

There is some real bad shit being done by the feds.

what's happening to the non-bundy family?

what's happening to the non-bundy family?

Hammond family... http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2016-01-01/oregon-ranching-case-sparks-anti-government-sentiment

Government overstepping big time.

Still, doesn't excuse this group of domestic terrorists taking over a government building.  This is what happens when you put guns in the hands of a bunch of petulant children though.

bloody hell. is that not double jeopardy? 

double jeopardy is being charged twice for the same crime...in this case the sentence handed out by the federal judge initially did not meet minimum sentencing guidelines. The US Attorney's office then appealed the sentence which eventually led to it being 5 years, the minimum guideline.

Sentencing guidelines in general are stupid.

And I don't get this part:

Dwight Hammond, 73, and Steven Hammond, 46, said they lit the fires in 2001 and 2006 to reduce the growth of invasive plants and protect their property from wildfires. Cole

The two were convicted of the arsons three years ago and served time — the father three months, the son one year.

Then later:

Federal lawyers prosecuted the Hammonds under an anti-terrorism law that required a five-year minimum sentence, though they have declined to say why.

I think I might be on the side of the Waco's.  

The fire charred just under 140 acres.

http://katu.com/news/local/criminal-history-of-the-hammond-familys-arson-conviction

Witnesses say Steven Hammond and a hunting party illegally slaughtered deer on federal property in 2001, then started a fire to cover it up. 

The second arson conviction was for starting "back fires" in 2006 to save winter feed, despite a burn ban in effect because of high fire danger.

Arson on federal land carries a 5-year minimum sentence

So did the BLM come in and kick ranchers off their property and confiscate land to make a refuge?  I just try and understand what part of the Constitution was violated here.

I am thinking of going to the golf course today and declaring it mine, cause the Constitution says I can as a patriot.