• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels are "in the mix" for Yoenis Cespedes

Second Base

I'd rather take Cespedes than Upton. 5/$100 to 105 is probably what he will sign at somewhere.

Biggest reason I don't want Upton, just like I didn't want Heyward, is that entire NL career. I am not a big fan of big contracts to people switching for the first time to the AL. They might do well, but more often, you see those that are successful going from AL to NL. Look at Pujols. A 900+ OPS player and now people are happy with his 800- candy ass performance.

I have absolutely no numbers to back this up, but agree with this entirely. All players being equal, I'd take the guy from the AL.

Oh, and the other thing.

We are in the mix for Cespedes probably means crap. We gave Heyward a huge offer, over $200 million, and were in the running for him. And it turns out we didn't even offer him a deal.

We are just getting played as the patsies again.

Batting a 1000 GB, I also agree with this.

I would be happy with any of the three, heck I will take Fowler for the right price if he doesn't have a draft pick attached to him.

Same here, man. Anything is better than Nava/Gentry in LF.

I would be happy with any of the three, heck I will take Fowler for the right price if he doesn't have a draft pick attached to him.

Arte is afraid to sign Fowler because he's chicken.

If we did though it would alienate Kole because he'd be neither fish nor fowl.  

ok.  I'm done.  

I am still trying to figure out what makes Choi so intriguing.

Maybe the .302/.404/.481 minor league line has something to do with it. Very strong minor league numbers his first few years, then got caught and suspended for steroid use and has only played 97 games over the last two years, presumably due to the suspension and perhaps injury. He lost his power with the steroids but has still hit for a good average and takes walks.

To me he's a great sleeper candidate that could go Calhoun on the league as soon as 2016. I'm hoping that a full year in a new organization will given him a fresh start.