• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

RIP Gen. Schwarzkopf

The book I'm reading was set during Desert Storm.

The LA riots took place soon after Desert Storm ended.

Many of the National Guard that were brought in to stop looting and burning in South Central, had just returned from Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia.

Must have been strange for them to return from fighting and wind up in riots etc at home.

The book I'm reading was set during Desert Storm.

The LA riots took place soon after Desert Storm ended.

Many of the National Guard that were brought in to stop looting and burning in South Central, had just returned from Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia.

Must have been strange for them to return from fighting and wind up in riots etc at home.

we had a campaign streamer on our unit guidon rhat read "operation compton storm"...always got a kick out of that

Yeah, you guys had me feeling crazy for a sec. He passed away awhile ago. But RIP still...desert storm had a very good military command in place, and a president who listened...

Who looks at dates anymore?

Seriously though, my bad.

I guess I didn't remember his passing back in 2012.  I thought it odd, and was going to add, that I didn't see any other news outlets reporting his passing.  Hell, Yahoo had some dumbass Kardashian story at the top and I was gonna go off on a rant about the degradation of our society that some news whore get top billing over a true leader.  But I bit my tongue.  This always comes to mind:

quote-Mark-Twain-it-is-better-to-remain-

I guess I didn't remember his passing back in 2012. I thought it odd, and was going to add, that I didn't see any other news outlets reporting his passing. Hell, Yahoo had some dumbass Kardashian story at the top and I was gonna go off on a rant about the degradation of our society that some news whore get top billing over a true leader. But I bit my tongue. This always comes to mind:

quote-Mark-Twain-it-is-better-to-remain-

Didn't read, but that man needs to get his hair properly cut if He is going to be taken seriously.

• 1 month later...