• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

We Ranked All 29 Steven Spielberg Movies, from Worst to Best

gotbeer

I agree that private ryan is overrated, but thats only because its so highly praised.

I think hanks has done better. That movie i didnt feel like he had enough "character moments" to be his best. He was good, but always is. So the praise for him i think is whatever.

But the movie itself is great. I think some of you have probably seen it several times so maybe it lost its luster. But when it first released, it was beyond anything a movie had ever done in terms of realism. Think about it...that movie is almost 2o years old now...hoe many imitators have copied it since.

I agree that private ryan is overrated, but thats only because its so highly praised.

I think hanks has done better. That movie i didnt feel like he had enough "character moments" to be his best. He was good, but always is. So the praise for him i think is whatever.

But the movie itself is great. I think some of you have probably seen it several times so maybe it lost its luster. But when it first released, it was beyond anything a movie had ever done in terms of realism. Think about it...that movie is almost 2o years old now...hoe many imitators have copied it since.

One thing that was done very well, IMO, was the realism of the war scenes.

One thing that was done very well, IMO, was the realism of the war scenes.

Saw Saving Private Ryan in the theater. Was expecting a standard Spielberg flick. The first half hour of the battle scene was like nothing I'd ever seen. People were getting up and hurrying out of the theater because it was so was gruesome and intense.

I remember seeing it. I don't remember anything about it other than being bored.

Put my rook back on the board, bubba. Thnx.

Bored? Who are you and what have you done with the man that used to post under this screen name? Edited by Adam

Saw Saving Private Ryan in the theater. Was expecting a standard Spielberg flick. The first half hour of the battle scene was like nothing I'd ever seen. People were getting up and hurrying out of the theater because it was so was gruesome and intense.

y yep, its the granddaddy of real war films we have today. To be taken seriously you have to imitate spielbergs flick. Thats why i dont think it can be called overrated. I dont think any of the actors set the world on fire, they've all done better. But it was super influential to say the least

there are four harrowing scenes in SPR that stick with me even now.

1. the opening battle. Such loss of life.

2. the scene of the mother being notified.

3. the scene of their dying medic trying to talk them through saving his life in vain.

4. the scene with the knife fight where the Jewish soldier is killed.

I'll never forget those scenes.

I watched Bridge of Spies recently. I wouldn't put it in Spielberg's top 10, but it's definitely good. A little too patriotic for my taste (not that there's anything wrong with that), just seemed a bit unnecessary. Mark Rylance is terrific in it and so is Hanks.

I dono man...

Tom Hanks' character was basically vilified at first for defending the soviet spy...

Might not be spielderg's top 10, but it definitely was one of the best films I've seen this year.

Edited by Poozy

I dono man...

Tom Hank's character was basically vilified at first for defending the soviet spy...

Might not be spielderg's top 10, but it definitely was one of the best films I've seen this year.

I agree that it is one of the best movies of the year. I was just thinking of it in a broader sense: I don't know if it will be like many of Spielberg's others that I'll watch over and over again. As far as the patriotic comment, I meant the music more than anything. In the scene where Hanks is talking to the Court, the music is ridiculously over the top patriotic sounding. A small gripe, I suppose.