• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Steak Thread

I like Stater's T-bone sale when they do $5.99/lb. I'll go to the local Stater's and ask the butcher to cut me a couple of Porterhouse's while the sale is on. Same price, $5.99/lb for awesome Porterhouses. 

I haven't tried their ribeyes though. Every other store around sells USDA Choice. Stater's does Select. Is there much of a difference?

I guess I'd never noticed they do Select.  I don't notice a difference, but a couple beers while on the bbq may be my trick.

8424794896_b885736f9c_h.jpg

We have a high end grocery store out here called Sendiks that has an insane butcher section.  Every cut you can imagine, lots of pre-marinated cuts, lots of USDA prime.  Also goes for poultry and fish.  Their meat section is as big as some grocery stores I have been to.  Prices are not too insane.  Between there and the local butcher you can always get the good stuff here.

We have a high end grocery store out here called Sendiks that has an insane butcher section.  Every cut you can imagine, lots of pre-marinated cuts, lots of USDA prime.  Also goes for poultry and fish.  Their meat section is as big as some grocery stores I have been to.  Prices are not too insane.  Between there and the local butcher you can always get the good stuff here.

Lazy Acres has a good section as well.  It's high priced.  I avoid that place like the plague because it smells like patchouli oil and too many dudes with shitty beards and skinny jeans.  Goddamn hipsters! 

The other nice thing about Sendiks is that they put together fresh skillet preparations that you can buy by the pound, just take it home, add some oil and cook in the skillet.

We do most of our shopping at Piggly Wiggly which is similar to Ralphs, but meat and fruits/veggies we get from Sendiks because of the quality. 

There's a place called Francisco's Meat Company at Miraloma and Glassell/Kramer, off the 91.

They have insanely good prices and quality, and can prepare you pretty much any cut from the pig/chicken/cow, even if it's not in their display case.

Bonus: they have a big temp-controlled case for dry aged steaks, also very reasonably priced.