• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Steak Thread

On the health kick of meat and veggies. Had steak today and tomorrow.

I think I went with cheaper cuts. Usually just Montreal seasoning, but mixed it with this Mccormicks roasted chipotle...something like that. Pretty solid even though I had to buy a oral hygiene kit to clean and floss after.

Usually filet and because I'm lazy just cook it in a pan on the stove. Have my times down for thickness to always get medium rare.

With beef, if you are going to reheat it you still want to cook it to 135 IMO.

I like doing tri tip roasts on the grill.  Simple marinade and quick sear before cooking at about 300 with wood chips.  Let it rest for 20 minutes then cut thin and serve.

I also like doing NY Strip steak.  Olive oil, salt and pepper, just sear them quickly.

Tis the Season...

For Prime Standing Rib Roast.

It's pricey (to put it lightly) so be sure you know what you're doing, since a $250.00 big piece of jerky is still just a piece of jerky. 

There are many methods...but they all require a GOOD meat thermometer and a sober person to assist the chef..

With beef, if you are going to reheat it you still want to cook it to 135 IMO.

I like doing tri tip roasts on the grill. Simple marinade and quick sear before cooking at about 300 with wood chips. Let it rest for 20 minutes then cut thin and serve.

I also like doing NY Strip steak. Olive oil, salt and pepper, just sear them quickly.

Even if I cut it into cubes after?

I had a perfect color and medium rare last night, microwave for a minute and shit was pretty tough.

Ribeyes are my go to. Olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little garlic. Sear it both sides then let it come to 125ish with indirect heat.

Also Porterhouse kick as well. I buy 2.5" thick ones and then I'll slice them up for the wife and I.

NY's as well.

I love some good tri tip. I've been thinking about getting into flank steak and experimenting with that.

I have been cooking my steaks sous vide with salt and pepper since I got my machine in August. Cooks it to any temperature I want it throughout the whole steak and seals in the juices. Plus it won't overcook so I just pull it out when my sides are finished. Then I just sear it on both sides in a screaming hot cast iron skillet to develop a nice crust. Best steaks I've ever made.

Although not a steak, I made an herb crusted rack of lamb this way on Sunday and it was the best lamb I've ever had.

Tis the Season...

For Prime Standing Rib Roast.

It's pricey (to put it lightly) so be sure you know what you're doing, since a $250.00 big piece of jerky is still just a piece of jerky. 

There are many methods...but they all require a GOOD meat thermometer and a sober person to assist the chef..

I see what you did there.

Where do people here but their steaks?

I personally go to Costco most of the time because it's really hard to match the quality for the price. But I'm looking for somewhere to go to buy a great cut of beef no matter the price. I'm looking for top shelf grass fed stuff. Any recommendations?

Even if I cut it into cubes after?

I had a perfect color and medium rare last night, microwave for a minute and shit was pretty tough.

I am not an expert or anything.  Just always felt that storing it without it being cooked to medium you are just letting it sit with possibly harmful bacteria.  I have absolutely no idea of that is true or not lol.

Where do people here but their steaks?

I personally go to Costco most of the time because it's really hard to match the quality for the price. But I'm looking for somewhere to go to buy a great cut of beef no matter the price. I'm looking for top shelf grass fed stuff. Any recommendations?

local butcher.  can't beat it.

I am not an expert or anything. Just always felt that storing it without it being cooked to medium you are just letting it sit with possibly harmful bacteria. I have absolutely no idea of that is true or not lol.

You basically have less than four hours to get it out of "the danger zone" (insert Archer joke here). You have four hours to get it under 41 degrees after cooking it to keep it safe.

When I lived in Hacienda Heights, there was a local butcher.  I swear it was run by the Russian Mob.  If you walked in just to look at their prices and not buy anything, they would wack you.  Their meats had no perservatives in them.  They had that natural blood meat color, not that bright shit you find at all the supermarkets.  Expensive, but when you stuck it on the grill, it was soooo good and tender.

My solution to the poor selection at the ballpark:

Grill a  costco new york, rare, the night before the game, put in the fridge.

The next afternoon I would slice it all up thin and make steak sandwiches with a hard sourdough roll, wrap those up in foil...then slice up some cheese and onion and put it in baggies.. throw those and some horseradish and spicy mustard in my little soft sided Angels cooler (giveaway).

A bag of peanuts from Trader Joes..

Quick and easy...and lot's of longing looks from people eating cold hot-dogs.

Edited by Homebrewer