• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Christmas bonus

Tank

Just had our Christmas party on Saturday at Angel Stadium in the Diamond Club. Got to walk on the field, go to the dugouts, hit in the batting cages, take a tour of the clubhouses, it was pretty freakin' sweet. Also had like $10-15K in prizes and money they gave out. Free booze and food too.

Where are you guys working or what do you do where you get 1.5-2.5 months pay just for the f**k of it?

I mean, I got a $1000 check because I'd been there for a year, which was cool, but 2.5 months pay? That'd be like $12K for me and sure I'm a tad envious, but I just don't get it.

No Christmas bonus. I think I'm eligible for semi annually retention bonuses next year. It's not much, probably only a couple grand each half. It's based off certain metrics. I thought it was a cool gesture.

Something else of value is the company pays for lunch at least three times a week....actually everyday if I wanted to go to other floors.

Our rival had their Christmas party in Newport or some shit and had Warren G play haha. Kind of dope.

A good portion of my annual income, like 10-15% of it, comes in the form of a year-end bonus. Based on the company's performance, it fluctuates a bit, but I don't think it's ever been below 10%. Although my paychecks through the year may be less because of it, it sure is nice getting a nice fat check during Christmas time (and right after paying property taxes).  The company also contributes somewhere around 6-10% into my retirement IRA.  I am very fortunate to 1) have a job, and 2) work for people who enjoy taking care of their employees. 

The Christmas parties are fun every year too, either going to wineries or nice restaurants around here.

This whole thread made me very green with envy. The company I work for doesn't give out bonuses to any of us grunts.  They do give you $100/yr that you have worked their on the anniversary of your hiring date.  They do a huge xmas party and they pay for us to all go to Catalina every summer so I cant complain.  A cash bonus would definitely help right now though. 

Just a note...folks should not consider bonus part of their base salary...at least during salary discussions. A bonus is just that, a bonus, and is not "guaranteed" wages and there is some variability to it. A company can simply decide they aren't giving bonuses...and instead send you jelly of the month. Companies change bonus structures all the time. When negotiating...try and keep that in mind...be vary wary of trading base salary for bonus. 

Do you guys get taxed on these bonuses?

yes. i think the pay is actually something like $58 and after taxes are taken out i get my $50. that looks really, really pale in comparison to several of you.

we used to have a faculty Christmas party, but that was cancelled over 5 years ago due to budget concerns. it sucks, because we always had a good meal and good entertainment. for a couple of years, we had billy hill and the hillbillies (from disneyland - one of our staff members knew billy), and they were hilarious.

the principal responsible for cancelling the staff party was possibly skimming money to pay for home improvements on his own house. the forensic accountants could never find a smoking gun, but it was strongly suspected. he's been gone for five years now. time to revive the party.

Bonus income is taxed just like all other earnings. People often claim (falsely) it is taxed higher, but it isn't. Perhaps a greater percentage is taken out of your paycheck, but at the end of the year it is all taxed the same.

whenever i work overtime i seem to get hit higher in taxes. And on my paystub, the pay is coded differently than my normal hours. Rough estimate it seems like thewy take about 40 percent or so when i work overtime, so i usually just take it as time and use it to get a day off down the road.

Just a note...folks should not consider bonus part of their base salary...at least during salary discussions. A bonus is just that, a bonus, and is not "guaranteed" wages and there is some variability to it. A company can simply decide they aren't giving bonuses...and instead send you jelly of the month. Companies change bonus structures all the time. When negotiating...try and keep that in mind...be vary wary of trading base salary for bonus.

This year my bonuses were 1/3 of my pay.

I used to work at a very wealthy high school near Seattle and I would get around $500 worth of Starbucks gift cards. Now I work at a school in Virginia where 3/4 of the students are on free and reduced lunch. I got a ten dollar gift card to Starbucks.

I do get two weeks off though.