• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Looks like there is a lack of momentum to sign.....

Coolout

hey, look at the positive side of things -- if you're going to have a hole in your line-up, then LF might be the best place for it.

Halos can sign a lower tier F/A to a one year deal to play LF (platoon with the guys we already have) and do reasonably OK.

I think the current folks out there that folks seem think need to be signed NOW -- Cespedes, Upton and Gordon are going to see their contact asking price not being met and the market falling rather drastically.  I think this is particularly true of Gordon who has been steady but not steller (well, perhaps on Defense) for KC over the years........I think teams are saying, 'we're simply not going to pay the guy's asking price for a LF who plays good D but lack punch and bats .275 on a good day......)  Cespedes is a guy I'd spend money on -- but there's something going on there that's unsaid........not sure what it is -- Cespedes, has in recent years, proven that he can be a real spark plug for a team -- see what he did for the A's (before being traded in that terrible, very un-Billy Beane like trade to Boston) and then last year for the Mets -- is there any doubt his presence on the Mets helped lead their resurgence?  When he was with the A's he led the team to an 8 to 10 game, great record before the trading deadline -- he gets dealt and the A's promptly go into a massive dive/ slump and go from leading the division to out of the race in near record time. Upton?  I think he has some teammate compatibility issues as well............expect the market for these guys to soften -- although I think Cespedes couls still see a big contract/ pay day.

Halos? They'll find a LF'er -- may not be the high dollar, high profile guy the fans want but $4 million a year versus $15 to 20 million a year means you end up paying a fortune for some very good D upgrade in LF and a boost of maybe 15-25 point increase in BA, 10 more (maybe) HRs.  100 ribi instead of 75.....at the end of the day -- the Halos can get by with a one year fill in LF -- we're already spending a ton of money on LF -- now if we could only FORCE Texas to play him every day -- not that could help the Halos!!!

It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you be of good cheer
It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap-happiest season of all

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories