• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Soft targets

Talking with my wife tonight about this. Disneyland came up, but it'd be tough to do something inside the park unless maybe you were wearing a suicide vest. Setting that off during one of the parades would make Paris look like a minor event. They could also do a lot of damage in Downtown Disney, especially on a weekend or during the fireworks.

I think I'd also avoid the rose parade this year.

As I said in the SW thread.  There would be some targets that would rally both sides and bring full fury on ISIS/Al Queda.  911 brought the rain and thunder down.  

I really think there is a reason why there has been no direct attack on the US since.  Because as 911 showed, it didn't bring fear at all like they hoped. It brought unification.  

If you hit Disneyland, Star Wars opening, Rose Parade, Baseball or Football among others.  Those are big things that would rally the nation around, both sides of the isle and the vegetarian section.  And our boots would be stomping on their fuzzy heads.  

As I said in the SW thread. There would be some targets that would rally both sides and bring full fury on ISIS/Al Queda. 911 brought the rain and thunder down.

I really think there is a reason why there has been no direct attack on the US since. Because as 911 showed, it didn't bring fear at all like they hoped. It brought unification.

If you hit Disneyland, Star Wars opening, Rose Parade, Baseball or Football among others. Those are big things that would rally the nation around, both sides of the isle and the vegetarian section. And our boots would be stomping on their fuzzy heads.

i agree, it just sounds funny.

Like, you could kill us in normal thing, but if you DARE....TO EVEN THINK...OF SCREWING WITH STAR WARS OR THE SUPER BOWL...hell is coming with

I still really wonder what isis' plan is...theyre going way, way out of the way to poke a stick at the world, almost daring the world to come after them...why?...

Not to sound cliche tank, but in reality, "the terrorists win". I know that sounds cheesy, but its almost like worrying about earthquakes. They are reality, but cant live in fear.

Id be more worried going to a shady neighborhood than a big event personally, but i get where youre comung from

understand completely. i'm not necessarily advocating "hey, i won't go there" (okay, maybe i did with the rose parade but that's for a variety of reasons, including safety), but mostly just thinking about big targets where security isn't very strong. the grandstands of the rose parade would be one of those places. 

as someone else said, 9/11 really united us instead of causing us to fear. that speaks a lot to our resilience and our attitude about screwing with us.  i think recent attacks are helping to continue to unite us. 

my awareness is heightened when i go out these days. i'm suddenly a lot more aware of all the muslims at the apple store.

ISIS wants us to come, its central to their doomsday theology.  The one that has always been particularly concerning to me is Downtown Disney.  Its just an incredibly accessible target with tons and tons of people on the regular.  I guess you could say that about many open malls though.  The Americana in Glendale comes to mind.  Those kinds of places. You guys should read this article.  Its a fantastic piece. 

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Please don't ever verbalize these fears in front of kids. It can f them up.

I did not address the shootings in San Bernardino at all in class.  I thought about it, but also thought it's better not to touch it and let parents deal with it.  It's too soon and raw for youngsters, I think. 

I was watching a video a couple weeks ago from Europe where ISIS are taking credit for any and everything, but not really being a part of attacks.

Pretty easy to claim attacks when everyone is dead. Same with how cryptic they are regarding how or when attacks happen.

As I said in the SW thread.  There would be some targets that would rally both sides and bring full fury on ISIS/Al Queda.  911 brought the rain and thunder down.  

I really think there is a reason why there has been no direct attack on the US since.  Because as 911 showed, it didn't bring fear at all like they hoped. It brought unification.  

If you hit Disneyland, Star Wars opening, Rose Parade, Baseball or Football among others.  Those are big things that would rally the nation around, both sides of the isle and the vegetarian section.  And our boots would be stomping on their fuzzy heads.  

I hear what you are saying, but a couple things. One, they want us to attack them. They want to start a holy war to end all holy wars. Secondly, I don't agree with the bold-face part. 911 led to a lot of fear in this country; in fact, I would argue that our country is far more fearful now than it was 20 years ago partially--even largely--because of 911 and both the way the government and media fear-mongered after it.

I was watching a video a couple weeks ago from Europe where ISIS are taking credit for any and everything, but not really being a part of attacks.

Pretty easy to claim attacks when everyone is dead. Same with how cryptic they are regarding how or when attacks happen.

AQ was somilar in that regard. Its kind a social media thing. And easy to deny when something doesnt work out

I hear what you are saying, but a couple things. One, they want us to attack them. They want to start a holy war to end all holy wars. Secondly, I don't agree with the bold-face part. 911 led to a lot of fear in this country; in fact, I would argue that our country is far more fearful now than it was 20 years ago partially--even largely--because of 911 and both the way the government and media fear-mongered after it.

i think there was both an increase in uniting the country but also a growth of personal fear. 

we've also had a couple of scenarios come together: the concern of a terrorist attack on our soil, plus the fear of a madman carrying out a massive shooting (school, mall, game, etc.). An awful lot of people seem to think that the best defense is for all of us to be strapped so we can respond accordingly, which is going to bring about it's own set of issues and problems. combine these with a growing distrust of police, the blm, and the beliefs of the SJWs, and there's the potential for something really, really big and ugly to happen, maybe multiple times.

anyone know where i can reynolds wrap in bulk?