• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Obama is headed for the peoples court

It's funny that dilettantes think the overwhelming consensus among tens of thousands of scientists worldwide is some lefty scheme.

If it were even slightly controversial in the scientific world, I could maybe understand.  It isn't...at least for those who know what the word controversy means.

These people are really that comfortable with broadcasting their ignorance to anybody who will listen.

I think the world is getting warmer by a very slight amount. I don't think that humans are to blame for as much (if at all) as some people would like us to believe. I also don't think that the U.S. is in a position to do much about it.

I think the world is getting warmer by a very slight amount. I don't think that humans are to blame for as much (if at all) as some people would like us to believe. I also don't think that the U.S. is in a position to do much about it.

I'm inclined to go with your hunches instead of agreeing with an overwhelming majority of scientists who constantly study the subject.

I'm inclined to go with your hunches instead of agreeing with an overwhelming majority of scientists who constantly study the subject.

Do you have some sort of evidence that global temperatures are changing drastically? That meeting in Paris over climate change was a total charade btw. Nothing even happened.

Edited by Lawrence

Depends what you mean by "drastically." A few degrees over some years doesn't sound drastic, but it has a huge impact - just ask the people of Bangladesh. Your best bet is to read up on the topic - NASA is a good source of information.

That's not evidence.  When Lawrence woke up this morning it was chilly outside.  Check and mate.  

• 2 weeks later...

http://dailysignal.com/2015/12/11/john-kerrys-surprising-comments-on-international-regulations-and-climate-change/

John Kerry’s Surprising Comments on International Regulations and Climate Change

The fact is that even if every American citizen biked to work, carpooled to school, used only solar panels to power their homes, if we each planted a dozen trees, if we somehow eliminated all of our domestic greenhouse gas emissions, guess what – that still wouldn’t be enough to offset the carbon pollution coming from the rest of the world.

If all the industrial nations went down to zero emissions – remember what I just said, all the industrial emissions went down to zero emissions – it wouldn’t be enough, not when more than 65 percent of the world’s carbon pollution comes from the developing world.

Except it really doesn't.  These companies may lay off some people but they will hire others to innovate and become effective under stricter rules.

It doesn't raise taxes?  Those taxes won't be passed on to us, the consumer?  Of course people will lose their jobs and the idea they will hire others is as tactile as a fart in the wind.

Every other business has to evolve to new regulations.

Would you rather we end up like China and have such bad air that it is toxic to even go outside?

I do find it interesting how negative you are about Obamacare.  Shouldn't you just go with it since it is new regulations?

Obamacare doesn't do anything to improve the health insurance system.  It makes it more expensive.

Cutting carbon emissions does improve the environment.

Also, these aren't being done with higher taxes.  They are just stricter regulations on how much companies can pollute.