• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tiger's Sign Zimmerman for $110M/5 Years

Anybody else surprised that the tigers signed him? I don't even know their plan right now, I thought they would begin to sell off to avoid turning into the Phillies and be back into competing in 2 years... Seems like they are going for it while they have a productive Mcab.

Horrible move for them IMO. I feel like they are going to be stuck with bad contracts on aging players, and those last couple years on the Zimmerman contract aren't going to be on a competing tigers team.

Anybody else surprised that the tigers signed him? I don't even know their plan right now, I thought they would begin to sell off to avoid turning into the Phillies and be back into competing in 2 years... Seems like they are going for it while they have a productive Mcab.

Horrible move for them IMO. I feel like they are going to be stuck with bad contracts on aging players, and those last couple years on the Zimmerman contract aren't going to be on a competing tigers team.

Yeah, that's the point I was trying to make. I thought they were rebuilding or something, why would they need Zimmerman for a 5 year contract?

This makes CJ more valuable and easier to trade.

CJ Wilson can block as many as 8 trades moving forward. He's going to be tough to move unless Arte gives him away. Again those genius Dipoto backloaded deals with one sided no trade incentives have come back to bite the organization in the ass. CJ is a SoCal guy so he's not going anywhere.