• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rangers @Angels (4/22)

pitchfx isn't exactly accurate. it's not always calibrated properly and it has trouble accounting for the entire 3d plane of the strike zone. it's the best technology we have, but it probably wouldn't be much better than umpires.

It's the best technology we're allowed to use by the umpires  and the commissioner. I'm talking about placing calibrated >1000 frame per second cameras directly high above the palte, and from the sides above both dugouts which can be well calibrated. The technology exists to track the ball's trajectory in three dimensions to within about a millimeter. I'm aware there are parallax errors that might result from the TV feeds that are used to generate the pitch f/x stuff.

Our bullpen is so freakin limited... what happens tomorrow if we need a save? Kohn? Frieri and Downs 3 days in a row?

It's definitely hurting. They can't afford to have guys hurt in that group because of how weak their depth is. With Jepsen out, Scioscia doesn't know what to do in that 7th inning. I mean, we are bringing out some 30 year old career minor leaguer in a tight game in the 7th because they don't really have any options. JEpsen and Madson need to get back and fast. Pen has continued to be a problem just like last season thus far. 3 BS and losses on the season now I believe

really sucks to let a Blanton QS go to waste

On the bright side, hopefully Hamilton can break out of his slump now.

But Pujols took over for Hamilton's shittiness with 0-5 3 SO and 1 GIDP.

Trout isn't looking great either. Terrible at bats and some very poor defensive plays.

It's definitely hurting. They can't afford to have guys hurt in that group because of how weak their depth is. With Jepsen out, Scioscia doesn't know what to do in that 7th inning. I mean, we are bringing out some 30 year old career minor leaguer in a tight game in the 7th because they don't really have any options. JEpsen and Madson need to get back and fast. Pen has continued to be a problem just like last season thus far. 3 BS and losses on the season now I believe

really sucks to let a Blanton QS go to waste

Yep, as nice as Richards in the rotation has been... they could have used him to start the 7th if Weaver was healthy... but you are right, Jepsen is a big key.

I'm definitely not a purist when it comes to stuff like this. They could easily have machine vision call balls and strikes, camera straight above the plate calling inside/outside (very easy as the plate doesn't move) and one at each dugout judging high/low relative to the player's knees and uniform letters at the exact instant the ball crosses the plate.

If that change unbalances the game too far in favor of the hitters, make another adjustment like re-raising the mound or something.

Im sure most of us have all played sports here and we all know athletes work hard to get their bodies ready to compete night in and night out and bust their tails off for roughly 3 hours each night (blanton being the exception, jk he gave us a chance to win) its definetly frustrating when someone whos only job is to call the game, blows a couple calls near the end.

And yes you should never leave the game in the hands of the official and yes the bullpen should have done a better job. But at the end of the day those are two huge strikes that went against us that shouldnt have and made a huge difference.

funny coming from a team with the two biggest douchebags in baseball with CJ and Hamilton

Ian and AJ are carrying the torch well B)  

hamilton should have only had one hit, he got incredibly lucky to have the other three. paying $125 million for infield hits...

That isn't good news for Bourjos' agent :(

On the bright side, hopefully Hamilton can break out of his slump now.

But Pujols took over for Hamilton's shittiness with 0-5 3 SO and 1 GIDP.

I have yet to witness Pujols deliver on his expectations and pay grade and carry this team for any length of time. He has been a major disappointment for a so-called superstar.

I have yet to witness Pujols deliver on his expectations and pay grade and carry this team for any length of time. He has been a major disappointment for a so-called superstar.

If this level of play continues maybe Pujols should be 15 day DL'd when Aybar returns is back to see if he can actually recover from his injury a bit. Otherwise the GIDPs and jamming up the basepaths will not improve.