• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Van Slyke infers Kershaw wants Puig traded

ABC

Ayyyye you're a Texas Angels fan too? I couldn't care less what deals we make with the Rangers (as long as it doesn't involve Trout), I just want to beat their ass and gloat to my Rangers friends (they have it coming after 2010-2013).

Yessir, Austin! Well, San Marcos to be precise.

Eff the Rangers.

To all the guys who like Puig... Besides him, who else should we pick up to fill in the other half of the games because hes always "sick,hurt, etc" ??

Touche, He might just be putting way too much strain on his body. Hes trying to push his body too the utmost and needs to learn what kind of player he is. The dodgers have practically told him too get a fat head of Trouty and XX out his eyes and put his head up there. He can contribute without hitting 40 bombs he's just the one thats gotta realize it. They wont trade him this year but next year could be an interesting proposition too look at. The real question is, does he provide enough on field value for all the supposed off field distractions?  A home can be made on any team and for any player who produces! Plus, theirs a matter of our trade chips and the potential down the street rival blowup factor.

Puig is talented.  But it isn't on the field numbers stuff that irks the players.  It's off/on the field antics, discipline, and for his lack of baseball devotion for lack of better term.  I guarantee, this guy will have a huge season just before he hits FA'cy, then become the next Ryan Howard once he signs the big deal.  He is becoming the poster child for the term clubhouse cancer.

If Papelbolm was on the Dodgers, they'd probably be duking it out in the clubhouse every other week.  

And one of the rumors is that Greinke won't sign with the Dodgers because of Puig.  No way would I want that in the Angels clubhouse.  Even if he would help the team.  

I agree. There are plenty of other options that have been discussed that would be better alternatives than Puig. At some level the bad attitude and inability to play well with others overtakes talent, and that seems to be the case with Puig. It's noted in one of those articles that he and Mattingly were not even speaking to each other by the end of the season, and several players have spoken out on how much they dislike him. The guy isn't the second coming of Mike Trout and IMHO the Angels don't need a clubhouse cancer.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

the dodgers need to give puig one more season. maybe he responds better to a new manager.

if '16 is like '15 and the dodgers patience finally wears out, i don't think the price for puig would be terribly high. i imagine having a legend like pujols in the same clubhouse might go a long way into making this moron more of a contributor. 

i'd give the doggies a call and see what they're asking.

the dodgers need to give puig one more season. maybe he responds better to a new manager.

if '16 is like '15 and the dodgers patience finally wears out, i don't think the price for puig would be terribly high. i imagine having a legend like pujols in the same clubhouse might go a long way into making this moron more of a contributor. 

I agree, but since you're the lunch guy I nominate you to take him to lunch and check him out.  My suggestion would be to take him to some radical Islamic lunch place, and see if he can contain himself.

Yeah but in a year, if he's still acting like a hoodlum, is he worth it? I'm just not think his numbers are going to outweigh all his issues. A Trout and Pujols reality check could help though.

This has been my general impression, but let's look at some actual numbers.

Puig's career numbers: .294/.371/.487

Through July 2, 2013, which was about a month into Puig's career and a game that he has 3 hits in, he hit .443/.473/.745. After that - from July 3, 2013, to the present, he has hit .280/.362/.462.

In other words, after pitchers adjusted to him, he became a .280/.362/.462 hitter, which is remarkably close to Justin Upton's career line of .271/.352/.473.

So he declined after his first month, as Adam stated

Yeah but in a year, if he's still acting like a hoodlum, is he worth it? 

the great unanswerable question, isn't it? you'd have to think that his physical talent won't drop off far enough in a year, so that alone would be worth the gamble.

I agree, but since you're the lunch guy I nominate you to take him to lunch and check him out.  My suggestion would be to take him to some radical Islamic lunch place, and see if he can contain himself.

you know, i could do lunch with kershaw this week. maybe some hummus and baba ganoush might be just enough to prime the pump, so to speak.

Ironic in what way?

The usage (oftentimes incorrect) of words alters their meaning over time, and incorrect usage/pronunciation even generates new words, such as back-formations.

I was just making a joke using other words that are frequently misused.

Irregardless, we shouldn't get Puig.

This has been my general impression, but let's look at some actual numbers.

Puig's career numbers: .294/.371/.487

Through July 2, 2013, which was about a month into Puig's career and a game that he has 3 hits in, he hit .443/.473/.745. After that - from July 3, 2013, to the present, he has hit .280/.362/.462.

In other words, after pitchers adjusted to him, he became a .280/.362/.462 hitter, which is remarkably close to Justin Upton's career line of .271/.352/.473.

But if you weight those numbers by year they don't look nearly as good in terms of future performance. He might be an .800+ OPS guy but he might be a .750 OPS guy. It is a gamble to give up a bunch for this guy.