• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Good work, NRA

You get drunk and eat quaaludes and pass out in a hot tub it can kill you.  There really is no safety measure for that. Auto manufacturers spend billions trying to implement more safety measures.  Gun manufacturers put a safety on many moons ago and since just make them more powerful and ammo you can shoot through a tank.  Sorry guys, the drunks kill people compared to guns does not sell me. Even autos have MAAD.  Does the NRA have MASP(mothers against shooting people).

people want to protect what is important to them.  Obviously booze is very important to America.  Otherwise something that ends more lives annually by double to what guns do might be less popular.

That is a terrible argument, not harassing you here.  I guess you can start comparing Planned Parenthood here also and all the abortions. You are not comparing two things in the same category is all i am saying.  If guns are that important to people, trust me they can go buy hundreds if need be.  This is the argument, they are coming to take away my guns but look what drunk drivers do when in reality they are not coming to take your guns.

I'm not making the argument that they are coming to take any guns away.  

What I am arguing is that if we want to control guns because they kill so many people why are we ok with booze that kills more people?

What difference does it make what category they are in when the ultimate result is dead people.  Honestly, is there any difference between a dead person killed by a gun and a dead person killed by booze?

There is none but once again you said this "what I am arguing is that if we want to control guns because they kill so many people."  You are correct, drunk drivers kill more people and why you go to prison, pay fines, lose your license, etc. Yes that may not be enough and does not seem to curb the problem.  What I am saying to you though is there is at least that and "controlling guns"  all they want to do is if I pitch a tent in Texas at a gun show I need to be a verified licensed dealer. Drunk driving is worse and there are strict laws against it and auto manufacturers do spend money to help with safety.  NRA has no laws and a simple be more qualified to deal them is not controlling their guns.