• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Good work, NRA

Predictably (as is already happening here), people on social media are jumping to conclusions and making all kinds of wild accusations.  One of my favorites is from my brother-in-law...

"We don't have a gun problem, we have a heart problem. Taking away guns will not heal the heart."

Going to respond with ...

"We don't have an abortion problem, we have a heart problem. Taking away abortions will not heal the heart."

Can't wait for the family Christmas events. 

Then why are NRA and second amendment people against tighter regulation?  Why shouldn't gun owners be required to have extensive testing done regularly?  Why aren't gun owners required to regularly prove that they are still in possession of their gun?

Anyway I saw this Onion headline and thought it was perfect.

"No Way To Prevent This," Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens.

Gun ownership is seen as a balance against possible tyranny of the centralized authorities. Giving additional means to these authorities to restrict and track firearm ownership is seen as an erosion of this balance.

Gun ownership is seen as a balance against possible tyranny of the centralized authorities. Giving additional means to these authorities to restrict and track firearm ownership is seen as an erosion of this balance.

Lol at private gun owners being able to overthrow the US military. You would need said military backing or revolt to accomplish anything.

posted this in the other thread, realize now its more appropriate in this one. 

as far as the 2nd amendment goes, I personally don't believe that it grants anyone the right the defend themselves or make themselves feel safer with a gun.  I do not believe that was the intended spirit of the amendment.  The way I understand it, the amendment is about maintaining local or state militias.  To that extent the citizenry can be armed in order to participate in those militias. Obviously the times have changed and we don't use militias anymore for national defense in any capacity.  Therefore, I would support a significant rework of the amendment, or its elimination out right.  I realize this isn't like some hot take, others have also made this argument.  Its just one that resounds with me and makes sense to me.  What are you guys thoughts ?

Lol at private gun owners being able to overthrow the US military. You would need said military backing or revolt to accomplish anything.

How effective is advanced weaponry against a civilian population? The American military is well prepared to combat other militaries anywhere in the world. It isn't as we've seen very effective at occupying and maintaining peace in territories. Territories far smaller than this country. And this is assuming 100% loyalty in the military in such a scenario.

Edited by Thomas