• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Disar moving to 1B coach

Oz27

I realize none of us played Major League Baseball but most of us played competitive baseball. How many times rounding first on a hit to the outfield did you rely on the 1b coach to tell you whether or not to go to 2nd? How many times were you running to first looking to see if the 1b coach to see if you should stretch it? I would venture to say never. However how many times are you sprinting around second on your way to third and you instinctively are looking for the 3rd base coach to know where to go or stay, slide or stand.

a lot of them seem to excel at putting protective batting devices on their forearms and collecting helmets and gloves.

We have a gentleman that posts here who's name is Thomas Payne.

We have a gentleman on here?  What an improvement, LOL.

Also great to see that Eppler has some solid help with an assistant GM, and I like Disarcina but not as a third base coach.  I think there are a lot of other ways to use his talent. 

Edited by tomsred

He's been there since 2000, right?

According to the article, he (Griffin) is expected to remain on the coaching staff.  I'd like to see Roenicke back here as a bench coach, and Ebel back at third base, but the article also said that Ebel is expected to remain as the bench coach.

Here is the link to the article:  http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/157578662/steve-martone-named-angels-assistant-gm

Edited by tomsred

Now that Roenicke is coming back..... does it make him a "yes man" again or a coach that "used to challenge Mike Scioscia" ... guessing the narrative will need an update.     

LOL. yep, that's aw.com.

i have a political cartoon in my files that shows two candidates arguing. the first guy says "my plan will save us $2 billion dollars!" while the second guy says "your plan will increase spending by $3 billion!" It reminds me very much of us on this board.

According to the article, he (Griffin) is expected to remain on the coaching staff.  I'd like to see Roenicke back here as a bench coach, and Ebel back at third base, but the article also said that Ebel is expected to remain as the bench coach.

Here is the link to the article:  http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/157578662/steve-martone-named-angels-assistant-gm

I missed by the position, but that might be the most instant wish I ever got on Roenicke.  Holly Shit, I love that move.  It's the entire coaching staff that is important.  You don't have to look any further than Texas.  Bannister isn't that great himself, but he had a strong coaching staff in 2015.  He acknowledged that yesterday after winning the Manager of the Year award in the AL.

I realize none of us played Major League Baseball but most of us played competitive baseball. How many times rounding first on a hit to the outfield did you rely on the 1b coach to tell you whether or not to go to 2nd? How many times were you running to first looking to see if the 1b coach to see if you should stretch it? I would venture to say never. However how many times are you sprinting around second on your way to third and you instinctively are looking for the 3rd base coach to know where to go or stay, slide or stand.

If I was going to take second, it was almost never on a cue from the first base coach. I was watching where the ball went and where the nearest outfielder was in relation to it.

I think they convinced Disar to coach first base when they told him that it was a chance to show he could field foul balls better than Alfredo, LOL.  Plus now he gets to blow farts at the opposing dugout.  Then there is the Trout Factor, you get to argue with the first base umpire every time that Trout grounds out that he was really safe.  All that and you get paid to do it.

Edited by tomsred