• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Today's trivia, 11/17/15

Tank

Glad someone else got it right.   I did know the answer right away.

Then after 1975, Rivers and Ed Figueroa (16 game winner in 1975) were traded to the Skanks for Bobby Bonds.

It was not a good trade, until Bonds was in turn traded with Richard Dotson and Thad Bosley to the ChiSox for Downing, Dave Frost, and Chris Knapp after the 1977 season. 

The Halos stole a still franchise record 220 bases in 1975.

It would have been higher if anyone other than Rivers and Jerry Remy could reach base more often.

Morris Nettles was a big pain for the opposition on the bases, but also had a terrible OBP.

Serious question, did fans look at OBP back in the mid 70's? Also I remember Mickey Rivers, but not sure I remember him as an Angel, I would have only been about 4 or 5. I haven't heard of the other two mentioned, Tommy Harper or Morris Nettles.

Serious question, did fans look at OBP back in the mid 70's? Also I remember Mickey Rivers, but not sure I remember him as an Angel, I would have only been about 4 or 5. I haven't heard of the other two mentioned, Tommy Harper or Morris Nettles.

no one looked at obp back then, strad. nettles was terribly frustrating because his batting average was so low. if he could get on base, he was fun to watch, but he could hardly get on base. i remember him looking a lot like rivers in how he walked and ran, but the comparison ended there.

My favorite part of watching ESPN Classic when that was still around, it might still be but it isn't part of my normal rotation of channels, is watching baseball games from the 70's. The game seemed entirely different back then. It was played much faster. If there was no one on base the pitcher would catch the throw back from the catcher on the mound, look in for a sign and pitch the ball. Games would be over in about 2 hours and it was just more entertaining. It was also cool how many games were played during the day back then.

My favorite part of watching ESPN Classic when that was still around, it might still be but it isn't part of my normal rotation of channels, is watching baseball games from the 70's. The game seemed entirely different back then. It was played much faster. If there was no one on base the pitcher would catch the throw back from the catcher on the mound, look in for a sign and pitch the ball. Games would be over in about 2 hours and it was just more entertaining. It was also cool how many games were played during the day back then.

the 1970 world series was between the reds and orioles. i loved the reds, and johnny bench was my favorite player. i was in 4th grade and i wanted to watch the series, which was all day games then. my dad had a b&w portable tv and i asked him if i could take it to school to see if the teacher would let me watch the games. he said yes, so i hauled that bad boy with me on the bus to school each day. my teacher, mrs. cook, was cool with the idea as long as i got my work done first. that was the best thing she could have said to me, because i always got my work done quickly. as soon as i was done, i would set up the tv on a little table and pull my chair over to watch. she even let other boys come over and watch it with me.

time of my life doing that. got to see a lot of the series that year.