• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Academic Cheating

Adam

Awesome. 

There are some really nice incentives for that I hope you'll take advantage of...if needed, of course.

Teaching isn't easy if you want to do well, but it's really rewarding most of the time. 

What incentives do you speak of?   PM me if you wish.  If you're talking about the grants and stuff, I haven't taken any yet as I don't really need it.  I made the mistake in college in going after the money and now 10 years later, I'm pretty miserable.

Can I make a suggestion?  Push hard to teach some sort of Personal Finance 101 for high school seniors.  Someone like you would be a wonderful asset (no pun intended) to teach classes like that. 

Good luck in your career transition!

I could do that, but when I first attended CSUF, they made us go through an orientation, they did a good job of warning us about credit cards.  It's really amazing how people just don't understand the concept of not spending what you don't have and the difference between a need and a want.    

Edited by aznhockeyguy

What incentives do you speak of?   PM me if you wish.  If you're talking about the grants and stuff, I haven't taken any yet as I don't really need it.  I made the mistake in college in going after the money and now 10 years later, I'm pretty miserable.

I could do that, but when I first attended CSUF, they made us go through an orientation, they did a good job of warning us about credit cards.  It's really amazing how people just don't understand the concept of not spending what you don't have and the difference between a need and a want.    

a year or two ago i saw a stat that said the average graduating senior from college already has a $3k credit card debt. my daughter starts college in 18 months, and i'm already scared for her.

You can get between 5k and 17.5K in college loans forgiven in many cases if you teach math or science.

If you have any Perkins loans, you can get them completely forgiven if you teach for a certain number of years. 

If you have no loans, the it doesn't matter, I guess. 

No matter what, I hope you enjoy the job. 

Oh yea, there's some loan forgiveness programs and such.  I should look into those things.  

a year or two ago i saw a stat that said the average graduating senior from college already has a $3k credit card debt. my daughter starts college in 18 months, and i'm already scared for her.

So what you're saying is she's almost 18, thanks!  J/K  As her father, you should definitely talk to her about interest rates and credit card debt.  Make perfectly clear that credit cards should be used for emergencies/last resort if she doesn't have the cash.  Also discuss the difference between a need and a want.  An example I remember in college that they used was a purchase of a 100 dollar item and just making the minimum payments it took FOREVER for the balance to be fully paid off.  I don't know about your daughter, but I was pretty broke growing up and I hated it, so I didn't spend much money in college and still pretty stingy today. 

So what you're saying is she's almost 18, thanks!  J/K  

ever had anyone take you in the corner boards with an elbow in your jaw as they mash your face against the glass?

i played college hockey. consider yourself warned.

ever had anyone take you in the corner boards with an elbow in your jaw as they mash your face against the glass?

i played college hockey. consider yourself warned.

Nope, but I did play roller hockey in high school and got hit in the face by a puck, during a pick-up game.  Ever play with anyone that made the NHL?

Nope, but I did play roller hockey in high school and got hit in the face by a puck, during a pick-up game.  Ever play with anyone that made the NHL?

no, no one even remotely close. we were a very, very small private college that wasn't even in a league. most of it was pick-up games, but we did play a few other colleges in my time there (but just for fun). 

every few years i get to tell people i played college hockey, but it's not like i was an ncaa athlete or part of a legit college hockey program. we got to play for fun, bought uniforms, and got to tell people we were on the officially college hockey team.

no, no one even remotely close. we were a very, very small private college that wasn't even in a league. most of it was pick-up games, but we did play a few other colleges in my time there (but just for fun). 

every few years i get to tell people i played college hockey, but it's not like i was an ncaa athlete or part of a legit college hockey program. we got to play for fun, bought uniforms, and got to tell people we were on the officially college hockey team.

Nice.  

I went to CSUF as well and never had any orientation that I remember.  Definitely no warnings about credit cards.  The concept lost on most youngsters is the idea of compounded interest -- it just sails right over their heads.