• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Governors of 4 U.S. states say no to admitting Syrian refugees

I'm pretty sure that any Syrians we give refuge to will be very throughly vetted guys.  We're all aware that massively, they are running from ISIS right ?  It's very unlikely that it'll be a problem.

It would be even more unlikely if we just said no. That's all, just no, you come from an area of insanely unstable political and religious upbringing and you won't assimilate into our less strict culture. It would be better for all to alleviate your repatriation problems to a country that has your own culture as the baseline.

Welcome to Iran.

It would be even more unlikely if we just said no. That's all, just no, you come from an area of insanely unstable political and religious upbringing and you won't assimilate into our less strict culture. It would be better for all to alleviate your repatriation problems to a country that has your own culture as the baseline.

Welcome to Iran.

I agree that it would better if some of them could end up in some of the surrounding countries.  That aside however, I think that its not right to assume that they wont integrate well here.  There are literally millions of examples of middle easterners who have come here and integrated just fine.   

I'm not to sure how the camels would do on the transatlantic trip.  Plus, the donkey is kind of a 1b transportation option for them back home.  It works out nicely that way.

The US Army imported a bunch of camels before the Civil War to form a camel Corps in the Southwest. In Quartzsite Arizona there is a monument commemorating the lone Syrian camel driver that stayed on after the Corps disbanded. It's kind of cool looking.

HiJolly.jpg

I don't understand how rejecting Syrian refugees would make your state any safer. If any of the Syrian refugees are terrorists and wanted to attack your state they would just drive into it. Once they are in the US they can bomb any city they desire.

I think the point is a unified front of states would send the message to the White House that the US is not the dumping zone for refugees from across the world. That the appropriate location is in a country bordering the areas of conflict that there is no language or cultural barriers.