• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Paris

I just want to make it clear that among the masses any hatred of the west or of the US is greatly overstated. Of course anyone wanting to gather a following uses us as the rallying point but American tv and movies are hugely popular and they all want to vacaton at Disney or take selfies on the Eiffel Tower.

Im not convinced unless you can prove they also want to get fat, sit in traffic, and take bathroom selfies.

Also....until the call it soccer, and admit what football really is...

He's the real life Ivan Drago.

I was kidding over the weekend about trading Crimea for ISIS with the Russians. Would let the West deescalate and Russia would clean house

one thing ill say, is that the russians handle things differently. Thats not a knock on them (or the west). But they (and most of the world outside of the west) dont worry as much about being PC, bad press, etc. Whereas we screw up, cause collateral damage, and appologize (and we DO try to avoid that), the rest of the world accepts it as part of war.

If the russians were to go full bore, im not saying they would be any more successful, but the gloves would definetely come off. Why waste money on guided munitions when you can carpet bomb with unguided?....

Was watching that just before inwent to sleep last night. Kudos to the french.

This isnt meant to say its a good or bad thing (because i know some will be offended), but europe doesnt have the same constitutional rights as us. That gives their law enforcement/military more power to do things like this (again, not suggesting that here).

I used to work with a guy that was a cop in europe, moved here and became a cop, and then moved back. He used to shake his head all the time about 4th amendment rights, warrants, etc. Ive always been blown away when i travel abroad when i see local cops. People here complain the police are "militarized". Go to europe...

from the news wires:

Residents said an initial explosion shook the neighborhood at about 4 a.m. (10 p.m. EST).

"Then there was second big explosion. Then two more explosions. There was an hour of gunfire," said Baptiste Marie, a 26-year-old independent journalist who lives in the neighborhood.

Another witness, Amine Guizani, said he heard the sound of grenades and automatic gunfire.

"They were shooting for an hour. Nonstop. There were grenades. It was going, stopping. Kalashnikovs. Starting again," Guizani said.

one thing ill say, is that the russians handle things differently. Thats not a knock on them (or the west). But they (and most of the world outside of the west) dont worry as much about being PC, bad press, etc. Whereas we screw up, cause collateral damage, and appologize (and we DO try to avoid that), the rest of the world accepts it as part of war.

If the russians were to go full bore, im not saying they would be any more successful, but the gloves would definetely come off. Why waste money on guided munitions when you can carpet bomb with unguided?....

Yep, that was the crux of my argument.  They learned their lesson in Afghanistan, they would bulldoze that place eradicating ISIS and would tell the haters to F off.  I had been drinking, and it was after the SC game

I have a feeling more raids are coming. But with that, whatever cells may be in place with plans that they're ready to roll out will definitely try to fast track those plans. I hope to God that nothing happens and that French police and intelligence is able to stop them all. 

A good start would be to stop immigration of young Muslims to France. But Hollande wants to continue admitting them.

ISIS posted a picture of the supposed type of bomb they used to crash the Russian Metrojet flight last month. Simply, an explosive inside of a soda can. This whole Paris ordeal has seemed to place the downed flight on the back burners.

I heard somewhere that they don't suspect the passengers on the Russian jet.  More likely it was an inside job, some airport or food service staff planted the bomb.

That's a huge security gap.  Even here in the U.S. passengers are thoroughly searched but the food service and other airport staff can easily sabotage a flight.

Obama the commie should be more like Putin the commie, and because of what happened in France we should give up even more of what little rights we have. Got it.

Seriously, **** that.

probably a good thing the french were able to listen in on the cellphone conversations and stop the people in that apartment before they went any further...

A good start would be to stop immigration of young Muslims to France. But Hollande wants to continue admitting them.

our prez came out this morning and said how republicans have politicized his plans for admitting syrian refugees, saying they're scared of women and orphans. 

what a stupid thing for this president to say. it's like he thinks everyone who is a refugee is completely above board. 

i'm guessing wherever he's planning to retire to will not have syrian refugees within 500 miles.

Seriously, id say its a matter of time, if it hasnt already happened, that some enterprising jihadist learns spanish and coyotes his way accross southern border.

We can keep the rerefugees out, and im ok with that (as sad as it is), but you cant stop anyone who really wants to get here, and has money

Honduras detains 5 Syrians over fake passports

Seriously, id say its a matter of time, if it hasnt already happened, that some enterprising jihadist learns spanish and coyotes his way accross southern border.

We can keep the rerefugees out, and im ok with that (as sad as it is), but you cant stop anyone who really wants to get here, and has money

i completely agree with you about how easy it is to get here. this humanitarian effort seems like he's swinging the door open a lot wider than is comfortably necessary, and it troubles me that he treats it like we're the idiots for thinking that it might somehow go wrong. 

his leadership in this issue makes him look like a complete boob.