• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Paris

I wasted a lot of breath in my time trying to teach them troubleshooting skills. They really understand nothing about deductive reasoning or critical thinking. Preventative maintenance is a complete mystery. Unless you live among them it's hard to imagine how polar opposite we are.

its culture. Theres a reason (several) why that region is so behind.

The general idea in the region, which has been handed down for decades in the rise of militant islam, is that the ME has lagged behind the world in terms of prosperity because of their lack of being "true" muslims. That only a return to the strictest interpretation of the quran will return the ME to the top.

That trumps things like education...and there is the root lf the problem.

And that goes for any society

I wasted a lot of breath in my time trying to teach them troubleshooting skills. They really understand nothing about deductive reasoning or critical thinking. Preventative maintenance is a complete mystery. Unless you live among them it's hard to imagine how polar opposite we are.

Outside of oil, I can't name one single thing that people in the Middle East produce. Well, maybe hummus, but that's it.

Actually I've known quite a few good engineers who are Arabic.

But also I've known some bad auto mechanics...

Maybe they're all just little dick fûckers? That would explain everything just as well, especially covering up their women so real men with normal sized cocks don't steal them.

Cals, can you make your way over to the political forum and work your word magic in the Judge takes away lesbian baby thread. You have a couple of posts in there, but if ever a thread was created for your way with words it is that one. Thanks in advance.

Whats everyones take on the refugees coming here?

refugees are hard man.

i think you have a moral responsibility to help others.

but you have to a) be able to afford it and b ) do as much due diligence as you can to safely process people.

its a logistical nightmare all around.

very tricky.

Edited by mrwicked

Agreed.

It becomes a question though of why are they coming here? As in instead of the neighboring countries? The syrians didnt really like us before this all started, so is it really on us to take them? Iran would seem to make more sense, arent the refugees allies?

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

Whats everyones take on the refugees coming here?

I'll bite.

It's interesting how many of the governors who've said they'd keep refugees out of their states have an ® after their name. It's also amazing how many of them think they have the power to do that (they don't).

I think that we have a responsibility to help the refugees (who are fleeing a situation we are at least indirectly responsible for causing). The world is watching. Refusing refugees is just more fodder for ISIS propaganda.

Yes, there is some danger that some terrorists will be disguised as refugees, but I doubt that its a very high danger, and I'm very certain that the refugees that are allowed in will be under constant surveillance.

"A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither."~Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Mark68

I'll bite.

It's interesting how many of the governors who've said they'd keep refugees out of their states have an ® after their name. It's also amazing how many of them think they have the power to do that (they don't).

I think that we have a responsibility to help the refugees (who are fleeing a situation we are at least indirectly responsible for causing). The world is watching. Refusing refugees is just more fodder for ISIS propaganda.

Yes, there is some danger that some terrorists will be disguised as refugees, but I doubt that its a very high danger, and I'm very certain that the refugees that are allowed in will be under constant surveillance.

"A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither."~Thomas Jefferson

Lol that decision was made many decades ago

While I agree we created a huge power vacuum and chaos in the region, saying its something we created is too small picture.

Yes, AQI which became isis was a result of us in iraq. That said, the syrian situation was a result of the arab spring, which took place region wide. They hate us, but hated their govts even more. AQ's main goal was the overthrow of the saudi govt, and the egyptian one. Its our support of them that AQ targeted us for, wanting us to pull out of the region so that whats happening now could occur.

I just want to make it clear that among the masses any hatred of the west or of the US is greatly overstated. Of course anyone wanting to gather a following uses us as the rallying point but American tv and movies are hugely popular and they all want to vacaton at Disney or take selfies on the Eiffel Tower.