• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Paris

Gotbeer's breakdown is flawed. First off Oregon is filled with nothing but hairy armpit hookers and burnouts that never could get into Cal, not because they weren't Marxist enough, but too lazy or stoned to go to class.

Once you cross into Idaho you are dealing with backwoods rednecks that cradle to grave have had a gun in their waiting fir Red Dawn and if that isn't enough they will have the para military Montana militia storming down the 93 and across the 13, stopping in Coeur d'alene for beer, to cut off supply lines.

Then there are those ****ed up Fallout Las Vegas survivors with their army of robots, geeks that think they are playing Game of War dressed up as Roman Centurians and a bunch of right wing Republicans from Blythe calling themselves the California Republic using up leftover WWII munitions they heisted from various forgotten National Guard depots.

All the while President Juan Savage is screaming, I told you the Marxists were coming!

The mother of a Paris suicide bomber says her son 'did not mean to kill anyone' - and claims he may have blown himself up because of stress.

Ibrahim Abdeslam, 31, launched a solo attack outside the cafe Comptoir Voltaire, close to the scene of the Bataclan concert hall massacre on Friday night.

His brother Mohamed Abdeslam, a former council worker, was arrested in Molenbeek in western Brussels, a day after the attacks in the French capital, in which at least 129 were killed and hundreds more were injured.

Police missed their chance to bring in the third brother, Salah, when he was questioned as he crossed the border to Belgium after the attacks. He is now the object of a massive international manhunt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3320157/Mother-Paris-suicide-bomber-says-son-did-not-mean-kill-claims-blown-STRESS.html#ixzz3rfn4wUgJ

LOL.

I watched an episode of The First 48 recently. A dude killed his brother, his brother's chick, 3 of his brother's kids, one of his friends and stabbed some of his other kids, who survived.

His mom hugs him and tells him not to cry after he's caught. 

Heres a question. Do you allow them to continue in place? Regardless of what we think, their recruiting just skyrocketed after this weekend, and im sure they have more attack ideas in place. The very existence of their territory is what basically put Al Qaeda out of business (theyre still around, being AQ, but theyre yesterdays news in the jihadist world. Isis did in about 2 years what AQ promised over a decade).

Bombing wont do it. Someone is going to have to lear that area out. The frustrating part is any real military could do it, and if allowed to do it right, for little friendly loss.

Im as tired of war as anyone. And the reality is it needs to be the Iraqis, Saudis, Jordanians and gulf states (unless they want the iranians to do it for them) who will have to do it.

But they wont....what do you do?

Its one thing of its a civil war. You stay out of it if youre smart. But obviously they arent staying in their yard.

I dont have anything close to an answer to that. But whatever the world community is doing now isnt working.

The interesting thing that Bill Maher has mentioned a few times is that ISIS has a fighting force of some 25k, where the "moderate" Sunni Arab countries (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, etc) combined have around 5 million men in arms. They could crush ISIS without our interference (maybe logistical/targeting assistance) and yet they don't. Even Turkey could annihilate ISIS if they chose to. They're all waiting for the US to do their dirty work for them.

It's a regional problem that the region hasn't done jack shit with (except the Kurds...who don't even have a state of their own). Yes, we had a major hand in creating the problem by invading Iraq and leaving a power vacuum in place (this is why I believe that the cost of peace must always be part of the calculation of the cost of war). Now you have all of these competing forces in Iraq trying to outdo each other to gain the most power, and ISIS is now at the top. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that a good portion of ISIS fighters used to be in the Iraqi Army, especially the Republican Guard.

What happened in Paris is what happens when you are associated with the world's policeman/bully (depending on one's point of view). Additionally, France has the issue where they had Algeria as a former colony (and for a time, Algeria was considered a part of France until the bloody Algerian Independence War), with Syria & Lebanon as former "Mandates" under the League of Nations. So you have people who are not happy with the colonial history, but who probably also speak the language of the former colonial power.

You have a region that has been the source of ethnic, religious, and national conflicts off and on for nearly fourteen centuries, and yet is important to us strategically for one reason and one only: oil.

The sooner we get off our asses and get the oil companies off the government teat (and I'm speaking for the West in general and the US in particular) and actually invest in alternative energy, the sooner we can stop worrying about al Qaeda or ISIS or whatever other groups emerge. Because we feel the need to continue meddling and supporting "our friends" who happen to not be friends of ours (and especially not the people whom they "govern") except for ensuring the flow of oil continues, these groups are going to feel the need to strike back at those whom they deem their oppressors.

Edited by Mark68

You have to wonder why they are prodding countries that would unite and destroy their revolution, retake any land gains and prosecute all of their leadership. It is so self destructive to take on both a weaker enemy in their midst and look to engage a stronger one that they can do little real damage to but could never defend against in a full scale war. It almost makes it imperative that a coalition of NATO forces makes that area of the Middle East their own protectorate.

Edited by notti

Good breakdown gotbeer

Think about how crazy this has all become...hamas and hezbollah are enemies now....thats HUGE

Even crazier....there are people in the pentagon who made a career planning to go to war with the russians and iranians...now we are all bedfellows...its like a larry bond techno thriller

the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

thanks for the breakdown, GB.

So far ISIS has said that Rome and London are next, they'll continue to attack Paris, and that an attack on Washington DC is coming. 

Is another war on terror unavoidable here?

i don't think the first one really ended, but i can see it expanding here pretty quickly, inspite of barry's assurances this morning that it won't.

on my car radio during lunch i heard the knx people say something about how ISIS gets their money. they've been hijacking oil trucks and are bringing in an average of a million dollars a day to fund their activities.

What happened in Paris is what happens when you are associated with the world's policeman/bully (depending on one's point of view). Additionally, France has the issue where they had Algeria as a former colony (and for a time, Algeria was considered a part of France until the bloody Algerian Independence War), with Syria & Lebanon as former "Mandates" under the League of Nations. So you have people who are not happy with the colonial history, but who probably also speak the language of the former colonial power.

everyone knows that climate change causes terrorism

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/260210-sanders-doubles-down-climate-change-causes-terrorism

sandersberniegetty3.jpg?itok=JVULBYq6

My sister and brother in law along with 4 other family friends were in Paris last night but were 3 miles away from where most of the mayhem went on. If they had known that game was going on, I am sure they most likely would have been there. The men in that group are huge soccer fans and they arrived in Paris about 3 hours too late to see Paris St. Germain play so I am sure they would have put down some cash to get France vs. Germany tickets. That plot at the game is particularly chilling when you think of possible stampedes and multiple suicide bombings as people are fleeing the stadium. They came home today and are fine but obviously that stressed me out yesterday. 

If you read the latest reports, the terrorists failed miserably...  Apparently, three of the suicide-bombers killed only themselves.

It sounds like this could've been so much more devastating.

eh.

im not a leftist, but drought/famine can definitely cause revolution.

people get weird when they are hungry. 

and rightfully so.

look at fascist revolutions in early twentieth century germany or italy. or marxism-leninsm in russia, etc.

the people are starving and someone shows up saying follow me and we'll get you fed. its very very powerful.

and terrorism has shown throughout history to rise out of the fires of revolution.

climate change to terrorism is a bit of a stretch but it's not so wacky an idea.

Edited by mrwicked

eh.

and rightfully so.

look at fascist revolutions in early twentieth century germany or italy. or marxism-leninsm in russia, etc.

the people are starving and someone shows up saying follow me and we'll get you fed. its very very powerful.

and terrorism has shown throughout history to rise out of the fires of revolution.

climate change to terrorism is a bit of a stretch but it's not so wacky an idea.

The jihadis have been at it since the 7th century. That's a whole lot of climate change.

Edited by fan_since79

How do you take a dead person into custody?

carefully

Touche

Good breakdown mark. In terms of the ME govts doing their part, totally agree. The prob is, most of their militaries are useless. The turks and jordanians are decent. The saudis havent really impressed in yemen. The iraqi army is in it for a check, but as soon as it gets real they strip the uniform and revert to their tribes and fight each other. Always been that way, for whatever reason. In desert storm, syria joined the coalition, yet offered sadam troops to defend iraq.

Blarg makes a good point, what is isis' goal in poking the dog with a stick? Are they hoping for massive retaliation, to spark a larger conflict? I read a good article some months back that said isis believes the end of the world is near...could be that.

eh.

and rightfully so.

very true.

Thhing about rhe middle east is, they as a culture have adapted over hundreds of years to live off the land. So whereas yeah, the people are hungry, i dont think theyre any more so than other parts of the world terror doesnt reign. Syriana (movie) had a good scenario to what youre describing though.

I think the prob in the ME is more a drought of education. Education is mostly shunned among all but the upper, upper class. The rest are taught nothing but religion and basic job skills. If you go to the wrong mosques...

very true.

Thhing about rhe middle east is, they as a culture have adapted over hundreds of years to live off the land. So whereas yeah, the people are hungry, i dont think theyre any more so than other parts of the world terror doesnt reign. Syriana (movie) had a good scenario to what youre describing though.

I think the prob in the ME is more a drought of education. Education is mostly shunned among all but the upper, upper class. The rest are taught nothing but religion and basic job skills. If you go to the wrong mosques...

I wasted a lot of breath in my time trying to teach them troubleshooting skills. They really understand nothing about deductive reasoning or critical thinking. Preventative maintenance is a complete mystery. Unless you live among them it's hard to imagine how polar opposite we are.