• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Paris

When are these refugees coming? And where are they going to be kept?

manhatten probably...

Honestly no clue. But for anyone whos never been to new york, if you ever walk around manhatten, its easy to see why new york was a target. Huge population of of ME people. Hot dog cart once every 2 blocks, falafel cart once every 2 steps

No to Syrian refugees.

No visa for any citizen of a Middle East country until those countries clean up the ISIS problem.

Good thing you're not in charge of anything. I know this doesn't exactly fit your narrative, but there are a significant amount of Christians among the Syrian and Iraqi refugees. Those people are being slaughtered at horrifying rates, some who I personally know as well. I bet you didn't know that the majority of Arab Americans are Christians.

Not sure what you think my narrative is, but this isn't about Arab Americans.

We can't very well say, "we're only allowing Christians into the country."

That's why I say, nobody gets in until the ME countries get together to eradicate the Caliphate.

This was a horrific attack.  My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, especially our own LB State student who lost her life to the cowards.

But, most of my thoughts return to how will we combat this evil?  These type of attacks have already been attempted here in America, but have been mostly interrupted.  We do very well investigating, preventing, and responding to these types of attacks, in spite of our administration down-playing their strength.  We should expect more attempts like this at home.

The plan to receive Syrian refugees is so scary, it's laughable.  Many experts have already spoken-out against it, saying it would be impossible to screen everybody who arrives.  

There's a need for common sense in dealing with the refugees. We don't know who they are. One of the things we've found with Hispanic immigrants is that many of them have multiple names. What's to keep the Syrian refugees who have something to hide from giving a false name? What's to keep members of ISIS from coming in undetected?

This is nothing but a bad idea right now. A terrible, horrible bad idea.

My sister and brother in law along with 4 other family friends were in Paris last night but were 3 miles away from where most of the mayhem went on. If they had known that game was going on, I am sure they most likely would have been there. The men in that group are huge soccer fans and they arrived in Paris about 3 hours too late to see Paris St. Germain play so I am sure they would have put down some cash to get France vs. Germany tickets. That plot at the game is particularly chilling when you think of possible stampedes and multiple suicide bombings as people are fleeing the stadium. They came home today and are fine but obviously that stressed me out yesterday. 

Remember all the stories about westerners going to Syria to join ISIS? There's members carrying just about any passport you can name. If they want to get into the US they'll find a way in. It's pretty tough to stop someone who is not only wiling but actually planning to die for a cause.

Anyway the point is that everyone posting on this board has enemies who are willing to die trying to kill you. Like it or not you've been drafted into the war on terror. It's probably time to assess what that means to you and what you might be willing to do in your own defense.

Remember all the stories about westerners going to Syria to join ISIS? There's members carrying just about any passport you can name. If they want to get into the US they'll find a way in. It's pretty tough to stop someone who is not only wiling but actually planning to die for a cause.

I agree with you. All I'm saying is let's not invite them over.

There's a need for common sense in dealing with the refugees. We don't know who they are. One of the things we've found with Hispanic immigrants is that many of them have multiple names. What's to keep the Syrian refugees who have something to hide from giving a false name? What's to keep members of ISIS from coming in undetected?

This is nothing but a bad idea right now. A terrible, horrible bad idea.

Yep. Its sad as hell...as stated above, MOST of those people are fleeing the same thing we are trying to stop from coming here. But sometimes you have to make cruel decisions for the greater good.

At some the regional powers of the ME are going to have to clean their own house