• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Verizon to charge activation fee for new devices

I don't understand why anybody uses Verizon for their cell service. Ghetto carriers like Boost Mobile are way cheaper for the same service. People are too worried about the brand name.

I'm not sure this is true. I work with a lot of employees who need their cell phones constantly in various parts of Southern California, and in many instances my Verizon service has superseded their Boost Mobile phone, or the other "ghetto" carriers to a point where they ask if they can use my phone. I have an S5 with Verizon and it is perhaps the best piece of mobile technology I've ever owned.

I do pay $75 a month with an unlimited data 4 phone plan because we get a Boeing discount thanks to my incredible mother.

But I have had several carriers since I got my first cell phone in 2000, and hands down, none of them have worked as well as my Verizon phone.

I don't understand why anybody uses Verizon for their cell service. Ghetto carriers like Boost Mobile are way cheaper for the same service. People are too worried about the brand name.

You are trolling right?

Cell coverage, data speeds, etc much better on Verizon/AT&T

Im a verizon customer but am down to change. Anyone made the switch and had equal quality for cheaper? It is expensive as hell compared to others.

Then again im grandfathered in with unlimited internet so its hard to give that up

FWIW we switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and we're pretty happy so far...

I've been having terrible service/coverage with Verizon with my iPhone 6. Like 50% of the time of network it's only getting 3G. And sometimes 3G means no coverage.

I don't understand why with S6's available why anyone would go with an iPhone. I've tried but just can't stand those things.

Sounds like you maybe got a lemon.

I've been having terrible service/coverage with Verizon with my iPhone 6. Like 50% of the time of network it's only getting 3G. And sometimes 3G means no coverage.

It's all about coverage area.  Some carriers are fantastic in areas.  And some just plain suck.

I remember having ATT at my place and got crap reception.  Changed to Verizon and got great reception.  Work Changed me to Sprint and it went back to crap reception.  Then at work Sprint and Verizon had crap reception, but ATT had great reception.  

With Tmobile right now, I get great reception.  But every so often, I hit an area where it just drops off.  I really don't think every company is 100%.

Bu I'd complain to Verizon.  It could be a setting.  It could be a inefficient tower in your area.  It could be you are in one of their dead spots.  And even if you are, there are things that can remedy that, like Tmobile's items for wifi and 4g extenders.