• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Utah judge removes lesbian couple's foster child, saying she'll be better off with heterosexuals

I'm gay and I want to push my personal politics on everybody.

how do I do that?

by suing over a wedding cake!

No, not really. A judge is a public official who shouldn't make decisions based upon his own personal bigotry. He is forcing the issue. Anyone is free to sue, which may or may not be successful.

The wedding cake thing was silly, but this is just f-ed up.

Not necessarily in favor of this ruling but merely illustrating a point that there's always somebody trying to push their personal politics on the rest of us.

Who knows why this judge ruled this way.

In the case of the wedding cake, if the judge had ruled against the gay couple would it have been because of his own personal bigotry?

So any time a ruling goes against a gay person is it because of bigotry?

That's all I'm saying.

Not necessarily in favor of this ruling but merely illustrating a point that there's always somebody trying to push their personal politics on the rest of us.

In the case of the wedding cake, if the judge had ruled against the gay couple would it have been because of his own personal bigotry?

That's all I'm saying.

The article clearly states the kids were removed because the parents were gay, but yeah, who knows why the judge ruled this way.

The article clearly states the kids were removed because the parents were gay, but yeah, who knows why the judge ruled this way.

But Wednesday, a Utah judge decided to end this plan, ordering the girl removed from her foster home because the child would be better off with heterosexual parents, he said.

Yep...total mystery

It's actually part of a bigger thing going on in relation to Mormon culture. Last week the lds church released a policy stating that kids, whether adopted or biological, could not be blessed or baptized into the lds church if they were living with parents who were in a same sex relationship. They must wait till their 18, move out of the parents home, and disavow the parents practice before being allowed to join.

The policy didn't state if the ban extended to kids who split time between a straight and gay parent. Ironically kids who lived in homes where a straight parent had pre marital sex are still allowed to join the church (any sex, hetero or homosexual, is viewed as a serious transgression when it falls outside the definition of marriage between one man and one woman in the lds church. Insert joke about polygamy.)

Edited by Kevin

My favorite part of this thread is this:

mtangelsfan: "really, I'm not gay."

We know, mt, we know.

That's all I'm saying.

Jay, I'd like to know how anyone is pushing their personal politics on you. Are you so offended by this that even seeing it in the news is tantamount to being pushed?

And as far as I can tell, you are the only person in this thread that has said anything akin to "any time a ruling goes against a gay person it is because of bigotry." The wedding cake thing and this are completely separate issues.

Actually maybe the judge honestly believes he is doing what's best for the child.

In that case he's not pushing his political beliefs on us, he's just doing his job.

Unlike the wedding cake incident.

How is that not pushing his political beliefs?