• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

They're rebuilding. Why would they bother to take that risk? It makes zero sense.

Just trade CarGo and get those prospects now.

Maybe COL likes the package of Trop and Bedrock and trading CJ at the deadline is icing on the cake. I have no clue if they'd do that or even want to. You asked "why would they" and I was just trying to throw out a reason.

wilson only has value to a contending team. he's probably worth more to the halos than in trade. He actually more of a potential deadline deal guy if the Angels are out of it. Oddly enough, Wilson probably brings some stability to the rotation.

Without him, you are looking at filling the 4/5 with Weaver, Tropeano, Shoemaker or Skaggs. That's a lot of question marks at this point.

I believe Wilson is the type of pitcher Colorado would want in a trade for Blackmon. If only Colorado could be more assured of Wilson's health.

Day 33 of Cespedes/Upton held hostage

Only a month until ST

AO, you've posted this several times but I'm interested in knowing why you think these guys are "being held hostage" by the owners, or what that even means.

Perhaps it's the other way around? Maybe both players have ludicrous asking prices and are unwilling to lower them even a little bit.

AO, you've posted this several times but I'm interested in knowing why you think these guys are "being held hostage" by the owners, or what that even means.

Perhaps it's the other way around? Maybe both players have ludicrous asking prices and are unwilling to lower them even a little bit.

For once AO is mildly amusing. Thank you AO. That's better than being willfully obtuse. 

Partly meant in jest, partly commenting on the sudden change in FA signings

It's not a bad thing, anything is better than bloated contracts. Upton/Cespedes are not declining superstars, but if they are asking for 6 years/$150 million then they are barking up the wrong tree.

I guess it also shows how much more pitching is valued? Both Grienke and Price get $200+. million, Cueto gets $130 million, and even Leake gets $80 million.

Edited by Angel Oracle

From MLB Trade Rumors.

The Orioles have avoided arbitration with first baseman/outfielder/DH Mark Trumbo, according to ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick (via Twitter). Trumbo will earn $9.15MM for the coming season, per the report, before reaching free agency next winter.

Is Trumbo the Chris Davis replacement?