• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

"More Trump, please!" - 'murica

We're watching the new last night and Obama is on talking about ... something. My father-in-law busts out, "We just need to get Trump in there. He'll straighten everything out."

I started laughing. Hard. I thought he was kidding.

He was not kidding.

Sooooo ... more wine anyone?

Hand to God, that exact situation happened at my parents' house on Thanksgiving. I couldn't believe my stepfather--who is a great guy--uttered the words, "He's not a politician; he'll get things done." I just hung my head and said, "Hopefully he'll be done before it's time to vote."

My biggest problem with Trump is how unbelievably un-presidential he is.

I'm the furthest thing from over reactionary, but his obnoxious, racist comments scare the hell out of me. He argues like a fourth grader--I'm convinced he can only read at that grade level--and the more people confront him the more his mental defective supporters show up in droves to support him.

He's like your psychotic ex girlfriend that keeps begging for your attention. Maybe the best way to get rid of him is to ignore him?

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Mitt Romney should have run again.

Edited by DEVLBAT

Yes Geoff..that is exactly what happened...even though there is no factual proof, or verification of the alleged activity, whether it's thousands or a handful of people on the rooftop...it should now be considered fact.

Sounds like it was just a handful.  Maybe 8.

But I wouldn't jump to considering it fact. 

https://youtu.be/3auKMHkZJnQ

The local news report certainly doesn't have video of anyone celebrating on the roofs, but it indicates that it did indeed happen.  I'm wondering if there are other news reports out there with video of people celebrating on roofs.  

I think it would actually be funny if there was.  Because then the arguments will shift from "it never happened" to "there was not thousands and thousands" doing it. 

My question is if they were tailgating and celebrating, how did they even know it was happening.  They couldn't of just run up there and got the tailgate going as it was going on.  You gotta run out and get dates, tahini, a goat, some frickin kebabs, humus and the women have to be up early making flat bread.  I wouldn't even make the super bowl tailgate party with half that list. 

The local news report certainly doesn't have video of anyone celebrating on the roofs, but it indicates that it did indeed happen. I'm wondering if there are other news reports out there with video of people celebrating on roofs.

I think it would actually be funny if there was. Because then the arguments will shift from "it never happened" to "there was not thousands and thousands" doing it.

If I said I'd pay you thousands and thousands of dollars to do some work for me, and after you did the work I paid you fifty bucks, I'm guessing you'd say that was a notable difference.

If I said I'd pay you thousands and thousands of dollars to do some work for me, and after you did the work I paid you fifty bucks, I'm guessing you'd say that was a notable difference.

Paying me fifty bucks would indicate that I did the work.  Which would be completely different than saying the work was never done. 

Paying me fifty bucks would indicate that I did the work.  Which would be completely different than saying the work was never done. 

Trump's comment was he personally witnessed video of thousands and thousands of people were celebrating in Patterson, NJ. That statement is a flat out lie. The video doesn't exist, and it never happened.

Can parse it all you want Geoff...doesn't make it an outright lie. If he had stated he remembers reading an article that stated there are unconfirmed reports a handful of people were celebrating on a rooftop, than that would be different...but that is not what he said.

Trump's comment was he personally witnessed video of thousands and thousands of people were celebrating in Patterson, NJ. That statement is a flat out lie. The video doesn't exist, and it never happened.

Can parse it all you want Geoff...doesn't make it an outright lie. If he had stated he remembers reading an article that stated there are unconfirmed reports a handful of people were celebrating on a rooftop, than that would be different...but that is not what he said.

No argument that there doesn't seem to be any video of thousands and thousands of people celebrating.  Like I said earlier, I have no memory of even a handful of people celebrating in the US.  Only over in the middle east.  Finding out that there were pockets of people doing this was surprising. 

I would think IF there were people happy about the attack they would be a little more low-key about it than having rooftop tailgate parties.  It would be bigger news and I imagine there would be immediate backlash IF it did happen.