• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Sea World news

Tank

I love sea world. If I could find a way to jump in the pool with shamu and not get arrested, I'd have done it years ago.

Orcas are not endangered species, and the ones at sea world are treated well (inspite of what the error filled documentary would have you believe). Sorry to see the show end, but hopeful the changes they make will work really well.

Can't remember how many times I have been there. Lot's for sure. Started out going to Marineland in Palos Verdes when I was a kid and then Sea World. I have taken my kids with me and they have all learned about sea animals through the exhibits and shows. The hands on touching of the Rays is really interesting for the young kids. I have seen the documentary and my wife and I have mixed feelings about it. Not pleased about the abuse of the animals and seeing them cooped up in small pools. But I have enjoyed watching the Shamu show and learning about Orca's. I think Sea World will have to re-invent itself to stay open and make a profit.

Just went to a Zoo in Prescott, AZ which is more like a preserve. You get to see animals really close and they are moving around. You are able to read their story and how they ended up there. With out this place they would of had to have been put down. Enjoyed going there and I'm glad the animals are in a safe place to live out their lives.

I love sea world. If I could find a way to jump in the pool with shamu and not get arrested, I'd have done it years ago.

Orcas are not endangered species, and the ones at sea world are treated well (inspite of what the error filled documentary would have you believe). Sorry to see the show end, but hopeful the changes they make will work really well.

They're forced to live their entire life in a small (for them) enclosure with extremely limited interactions with their own kind. How is that being treated well?

They're forced to live their entire life in a small (for them) enclosure with extremely limited interactions with their own kind. How is that being treated well?

What about other animal entertainment?  (and I'm not talking about the ones you frequent in Tiajuana involving donkeys)

Horse racing, dog racing, rodeo?  These are all animals treated well?

What about other animal entertainment?  (and I'm not talking about the ones you frequent in Tiajuana involving donkeys)

Horse racing, dog racing, rodeo?  These are all animals treated well?

I'd agree to those being shut down as well, but an argument could be made that some of those animals are treated much better.

I get a bit upset when I'm driving and I see horses in small pens.  It's terrible.  It's like horsey jail.  

Back to the discussion of the thread.  One could argue that the education that places like Sea World have given has had a big impact on how marine mammals are viewed in general.

I think that overall, they have benefited.

I agree, but that can also happen without Shamu jumping through a fiery hoop.  Yes, I know that Shamu is the main attraction but they can still provide the education without those shows.  Public outcry is driving this decision and time will tell how much of an effect this has on Sea World.

One could, if one were so inclined, make a horrible comparison to Planned Parenthood.  Outside of the abortions, they do a lot of good.  

Out here there is a problem with horses.  Many folks have too many and they end up not being able to feed them.  They slowly die of starvation.

A few years ago over a hundred died owned by the same guy.  

That's horrible.  Starvation is a horrible death.