• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Politico Admits Fabricating A Hit Piece On Ben Carson

NrM

There were at least five major problems with the story:

• The headline was completely false
  • The subhed was also completely false
  • The opening paragraph was false false false
  • The substance of the piece was missing key exonerating information
  • The article demonstrated confusion about service academy admissions and benefits

But other than that, A+++ work, Kyle Cheney and Politico.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/06/politico-admits-fabricating-a-hit-piece-on-ben-carson/

Have at it Libs.

Ethical journalism doesn't exist anymore because people on a baseball message board won't drive the comments up on this thread? 

Yes. 

Well no....

well sortof...

The article in question created outrage and was shared everywhere. Poltico got the clicks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/3rs2ac/ben_carson_admits_fabricating_west_point/

No one cares that the scumbag journalist lied, acted in bad faith, and was unethical...

Edited by Poozy

Yes. 

Well no....

well sortof...

The article in question created outrage and was shared everywhere. Poltico got the clicks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/3rs2ac/ben_carson_admits_fabricating_west_point/

No one cares that the scumbag journalist lied, acted in bad faith, and was unethical...

The purpose of stuff like this sometimes is simply to get an idea into people's heads, like "I can see Russia from my house." It becomes something people remember, regardless of its truth, and it never seems to go away. Ten months from now you'll still hear people repeating how Carson lied to get into West Point because it's stuck in their memory, truth be damned.

Glen, the fact remains a well read website promoted a pure lie in order to smear a candidate they disapprove of. Glossing over it condones the behavior.

I don't disagree with that. I disagree that 10 months from now we'll still be talking about Ben Carson and scholarships.

Hogwash. Sideshow Ben has already given enough ammo that this will be a footnote in his campaign, truth be told.

maybe he has (the pyramids comment will be regurgitated for a long time), but the fact remains, the media acted irresponsibly and deliberately published something that wasn't true. what kind of crappy state of affairs inside their planning sessions causes something like to happen? and the impact this carries is not easily disgarded by people who are looking for reasons not to support someone. 

al gore created the internet.

i can see russia from my house.

he was really born in kenya!

vast right wing conspiracy.

etc.

people remember these things, and they kill candidates. 

if carson burns out, let it be because he did it to himself, not because a magazine with a wide reach deliberately published lies about him.