• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The reason the Royals won the World Series

They won because of frenzied hitting, great defense, good starting pitching, lights out bullpen, and aggressive base-running, sounds pretty familiar. It also doesn't hurt that they were bad for a long time and were able to accumulate a lot of talent and I would probably give the most credit to Dayton Moore (I think that is their GM). He has been there for 8-10 years and was able to see his plan through. The last thing that has helped them is revenue sharing which I would only guess would help them out a ton, which allows them to go get guys like Morales this year. The team was awful for 25+ years then finally started drafting well and made some great decisions.

Terry Collins

Sending out a guy in the 9th inning at the close of a long season after returning from TJ surgery is not the smartest thing to do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When he allowed Harvey to talk him out of taking him out, that was the ballgame.

Did TC not watch any of the AL playoffs???

Did he already forget game 1?

When Harvey came back out for the 9th, I said emotional Collins just blew it by being emotional, and then the walk, and he still left Harvey in?

I saw a headline this morn where it appears Collins blames himself for that poor decision, and hey, it might not have made any difference in the series, but the Mets chances ended with that decision. ( I didn't bother reading the article)

Did Terry cry???

Edited by Homebrewer

Again, his bullpen choice was not effective the entire series. So you have your version of Clayton Kershaw on the mound and the choice of Salas or Frieri in the bullpen. Now second guess after the game is over Mr. 20-20..

Anyway, you have to go with your closer who wasn't totally ineffective like Frieri was early in 2014, over a starter a year removed from TJ surgery recovery and pitching regularly since April.

Maybe Familia gets the first out coming in to start the inning, and then the outcome is possibly different. 

Maybe Familia is not as effective with inherited runners?

Anyway, the Royals would have probably won the WS in KC anyway.

For the Mets' sake, Harvey's arm will hopefully be fine over the long haul.   He ended up pitching 216 innings, including the post-season, after missing the 2014 season and only pitching 178 innings in 2013 in his first full MLB season.    

Again, his bullpen choice was not effective the entire series. So you have your version of Clayton Kershaw on the mound and the choice of Salas or Frieri in the bullpen. Now second guess after the game is over Mr. 20-20..

It kind of reminds me of Game 1 of the ALDS in 2002, when Brendan Donnelly gave up the lead to the Yankees, and Scioscia was criticized for not bringing in Percival. Percival had been great, but so had Donnelly, no reason to not expect him to come through there. I think Harvey had earned the 9th inning with his performance through the first 8.

They won because of frenzied hitting, great defense, good starting pitching, lights out bullpen, and aggressive base-running, sounds pretty familiar. It also doesn't hurt that they were bad for a long time and were able to accumulate a lot of talent and I would probably give the most credit to Dayton Moore (I think that is their GM). He has been there for 8-10 years and was able to see his plan through. The last thing that has helped them is revenue sharing which I would only guess would help them out a ton, which allows them to go get guys like Morales this year. The team was awful for 25+ years then finally started drafting well and made some great decisions.

It may sound familiar but its also something that was forgotten along the way.

It may sound familiar but its also something that was forgotten along the way.

Well we don't have the pieces so it isn't like it is something that they are deciding not to do. Last years team had the ability to hit and had a good 7-9 inning guys. They just slumped at the end of the season.

Well we don't have the pieces so it isn't like it is something that they are deciding not to do. Last years team had the ability to hit and had a good 7-9 inning guys. They just slumped at the end of the season.

Are you talking about the 2015 angels? They definitely could not hit and Smith sucked, so they had a 7th inning and a 9th inning guy only. 

If you are referring to the 2014 angels, then maybe. But that team had other problems beyond the slump, like no speed and no bench and they struck out a ton.