• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bernie Sanders Says He Has "Serious Problems" With Uber Because It's "Unregulated"

NrM

I'm not real sure about the vaccine thing but I'll tell you what - I'm not risking my kids to find out. No way am I letting Cayden, Bryce, and Parker anywhere near a vaccine.

lulz

I need to check out the Peyt's mom thread. I haven't been there since Red got pissed at me over a year ago.

So you don't believe people can be independent contractors if they choose to do so?

Good grief.

if you're hauling passengers for hire, there is a reasonable expectation that this will be done safely. A lot depends upon how well these companies vet the people who they are hiring, and it's a fair bet that they aren't checking the vehicles that these people drive.

I came across a full parking lot with an uber tent. There was an uber rep who was inspecting cars. It was a simple visual inspection. I'm guessing it was for new drivers.

I once used an uber and the clunker's rear suspension was rattling over a normal street at slow speeds. If I needed more than a mile ride or to get on the freeway I would have asking him to drop me off. I've had two other ubers show up with cracked windshields.

Another uber experience showed me that their vetting process is very lax. An elderly uber'er in a Buick drove onto the sidewalk and waited for me. Yes, all four wheels were on the sidewalk. He didn't realize that it wasn't the street despite the line of taxis waiting on the actual street. I shouldn't have got in but I did and we almost had a head on collision with a delivery truck. We missed the truck by the width of the car's paint. The elderly driver screamed in fear. I thought that I was going to have to grab the wheel.

Taxi drivers suck too but not his badly.

Uber isn't all bad. Sometimes I get a German lux car pick me up for pocket change. The thing I don't like the most is the small talk. Uber'ers tend to be chatty.

Speaking of which, I was talking to a colleague the other day and he said that if he could afford it, he'd drop a few hundred grand on a Bentley. I think I'd rather buy a Lincoln Town Car and pay a big islander $50K a year to be my personal driver.

Thoughts?

Edited by Adam